This job will ensure specific concentrations of Accounts managed are processed in a timely manner and in accordance with Mountaire policies and procedures. Responsible for managing and developing a team with expertise and skill in assigned area of concentration. This job will handle the daily and monthly accounting activities for all Mountaire operations, each within specified areas of expertise. Focus on ensuring the accuracy of financial information to safeguard the assets of the company. Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Complete Month-End Close Process and Reporting, maintain an experienced staff to ensure accuracy and timeliness of processing (i.e. bills, new vendor set-up, etc.) Various responsibility of each area may include, but are not limited to: facilitate the invoicing process, responsible for the creation and distribution of sales invoicing (poultry, grain, misc.), cash applications for all facilities, costing and reconciles quantities of finished goods inventories, prepares product P&L's, provides explanation of major variances.
- Provides direction and support for the Assigned Team. Guides training & development of team to increase competency and commitment.
- Prepare ad-hoc reporting and analysis as needed, special projects required by Controller. Assist and support audit initiatives. Monitor, enforce and test internal control systems.
- Prepare annual budget for respective area. Direct and review staff activities and other special projects as assigned.
- Promote and maintain a safe and secure work environment for associates, in accordance with Mountaire policies.
- BS Accounting or Finance.
- 5 - 7 years experience, Poultry experience preferred.
- CPA, Understands GAAP principles.
Are you looking for more than just a job? The culture at Mountaire is one of our greatest strengths and most valued assets. We maintain the same core values and family-focused work environment that weve operated with since day one. You will find that your peers, supervisor and team members are genuinely committed to, not only your success, but also working together to provide high-quality products to our customers. We are a service to one another and to our customers, demonstrating operational excellence and outstanding performance. ABOUT THE TEAM Mountaire Overview
Mountaire Corporation and its two operating affiliates, Mountaire Farms Inc. and Mountaire Farms of Delaware, Inc. (collectively, Mountaire Farms or Mountaire), are agricultural food production and processing companies providing competitive jobs to almost 10,000 dedicated employees at facilities in Arkansas, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, and North Carolina. Now the fourth largest chicken company in the United States, we are still family owned and fully committed to giving back to the communities where we do business. At Mountaire Farms, our culture is what defines us. It sets us apart from our competition and reinforces what we stand for. Supporting each other, uplifting each other, and helping each other succeed -- thats the Mountaire way! Our vision is to provide growth, stability, and opportunities for our people, our customers, and our communities by profitably delivering wholesome quality chicken. Total Compensation
Mountaire also offers an amazing total compensation package! A few examples of our benefits that may be offered to you are: eight paid holidays, Medical Plans with free onsite Health and Wellness Centers, Dental and Vision Programs, Employee Assistance Program for you and your family, Retirement Planning with 401(k), Profit Sharing, Employee Discounted Chicken Sales, Employee Discounts with partners (Car Purchase, Phone Plans, & Shopping), Tuition Reimbursement at up to $6,000 annually, and many exciting career development programs!