Under the direction of the Recreation therapist the Activity Assistant plans, facilitates and documents the provision of individual and group activity programs for residents living in skilled nursing. 1 year of experience in a senior living setting is preferred. Seeking a candidate who is creative, innovative, willing to learn, resident focused and is a team player.
This is a Full-time position with benefits, Sunday - Wednesday from 9:30am - 5:30pm Pay rate: $ 20 an hour depending on experience!
- Creates a pleasant experience for all residents in the dining room, which may include engagement through appropriate entertainment;
- Provides assistance to residents during meal time and ensures each resident has the food items they wish and beverages with refills, while also encouraging resident independence as much as possible;
- Orchestrates and leads therapeutic activities of interest with enthusiasm and compassion;
- Makes room visits for residents in order to develop genuine relationships and identify resident preferences;
- Interacts with residents and their families to give direction and inspire excitement for each activity program;
- Motivates residents to participate in daily planned activities;
- High school Level diploma, GED or equivalent knowledge or experience is preferred.
- One year of experience in recreational activities preferred. Vocational/technical training that includes care of elderly with dementia desired; equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the required skills, knowledge, and abilities
- CPR certification required
What's in it for you?
As the largest nonprofit owner/operator of senior living communities in California and one of the largest in the country, we are more than just a place to work. We are here to ensure that all we serve are provided with every opportunity to become their best selves as they define it, and this begins with YOU.
HumanGood offers competitive pay and phenomenal benefits. Eligible positions (30+ hours/week) start with 20 paid days off, plus seven holidays, a company-matching 401(k) and health plans that give you cash to use for those unexpected health issues. We provide healthcare benefits for our part-time and on-call team members! We also offer a Tuition Reimbursement to promote your career advancement.
Come see what HumanGood has to offer!
The health and safety of our team members and residents is our top priority and with the increasing spread of variants of COVID-19, it is critical that we do all we can to protect one another from this disease.
Where legally permissible, a new hire may begin working after showing proof of their first dose of a one-dose COVID vaccination regimen or their second dose of a two-dose COVID vaccination, or proof of a vaccination appointment within 7 days of their start date. Exemptions based on religious beliefs and qualifying medical reasons will be considered.