The primary purpose of this job family is to do the fundamental system administration required to ensure that the application functions properly. By serving as the lead of the given application, overseeing ongoing application performance, and following through on periodic application enhancements to successful implementation, the position includes, but is not limited to, providing the foundation upon which business-critical applications run. The lead application administrator assists with company operations by enhancing the functionality of business applications via system enhancements. They also assist in the identification and resolution of business application issues by conducting an analysis to determine the root cause of the problem, then defining and implementing the best solution.
It is necessary for this individual to successfully work with analysts, other members of IT, vendor(s) and business partners to satisfy end-user, functional, and business requirements. The lead application administrator is also in charge of providing technical assistance for the application, which includes troubleshooting performance, enrollment, claims processing, payment cycles, and integration difficulties. The lead application administrator may also serve as a subject matter expert (SME) on projects or liaise with implementation programs.
- Acts as the primary point of contact and internal consultant for vendor(s), analysts, business end-users (as appropriate), developers, and other support teams in the organization for the application(s), ensuring that applications run smoothly, and that applications and environments are optimized for maximum performance and reliability
- Ensuring that tickets are regularly worked, and progress is communicated to business/stakeholders, including all tiers of production support. Assists other team members in performing this work as necessary. Report progress on issues and problems according to the standing process for this work
- Designs, documents, and implements operating rules, standards, and procedures pertaining to the management, security, maintenance, and use of the assigned application to ensure that the application is optimally supported;
- Works collaboratively with vendor, BAM, and application development team in the planning, documentation, implementation, and deployment of proposed upgrades, enhancements, and additional modules to expand the functionality and/or performance of the application, ensuring that proposed enhancements do not compromise the integrity of the application.
- Establishes daily operational and maintenance standards for the application, and performs scheduled and preventative maintenance and configuration per these standards, to ensure that the application operates according to standards in production environment
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, information science, management information systems, or equivalent field
- Masters preferred
- 6-10 years work experience
- Demonstrates strong, well-rounded communication skills.
- Ability to communicate and negotiate with end users to ensure that end user needs are balanced with the integrity and performance standards of the applications.
- Leverages strong working relationships and credibility with colleagues to increase team effectiveness.
- Possesses the ability to write SQL queries in both SQL Server and Oracle environments.
- Possesses the ability to communicate technical information to the business, adjusting messaging to fit the needs of the audience.
- Communication with team members and colleagues as a mentor and leader, requiring strong leadership communication skills, including ability to influence and mobilize team members to meet project objectives without direct supervisory responsibility, communicate difficult messages directly and tactfully and provide feedback to team members to increase effectiveness.
- Directs the work of more junior Application Administrators. Leads and oversees team members without direct supervisory responsibilities through technical mentoring, communication, and influencing skills.
- Reviews work of team members and provides feedback
- Responsible for delegation of tasks to team members.
- Ability to successfully manage difficult issues and conflict
- Tasks extend across applications and platforms. Ensures that application changes are propagated properly across platforms.
- Fully competent in all aspects of application administration - able to analyze, estimate, and implement enhancement requests that improve end-user functionality, system stability, and maintainability.
- Supports critical, high-impact business applications with significant risk associated with failure.
- Assigned the most complex application vendor management - communicating requirements to vendor, reviewing vendor work, managing production issues with vendor, following up with vendor to ensure that all tasks and assignments are completed
- Possesses the experience and expertise to respond quickly in a high-pressure environment to needs for system upgrades and application patches with limited lead time.
- Demonstrates flexibility in responding to business/end-user requests and requirements.
- Excellent triage and decision-making skills and ability to react with composure to high impact production issues, research root cause and return systems to fully functional state with minimal disruption.
- Meticulous attention to detail and excellent follow through skills to maintain highly complex configurations across multiple environments.
- Flexibility to work off hours to maintain systems outside of their peak operating windows.
- Significant experience combined with a strong understanding of application administration.
- Understanding of the role the application serves in the total business solution
- Understanding of the job scheduling implications both within and outside of the application
What we build together changes our customer's health for the better. We are looking for talented and innovative people to join our team. Come join us!
Please note: As of January 18, 2022, all employees - including remote employees - must be fully vaccinated. This position will require the successful candidate to show proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. Point32Health is an equal opportunity employer, and will consider reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
Point32Health is a leading health and wellbeing organization, delivering an ever-better health care experience to everyone in our communities. Building on the quality, nonprofit heritage of our founding organizations, Tufts Health Plan and Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, we leverage our experience and expertise to help people find their version of healthier living through a broad range of health plans and tools that make navigating health and wellbeing easier.
At Point32Health, we're working to reshape the world of health care by pushing past the status quo and delivering even more to the diverse communities we serve: more innovation, more access, more support, and healthier lives. And we want people like you on our side to make it even better.
This job has been posted by TalentBoost on behalf of Point32Health. TalentBoost is committed to the fundamental principle of equal opportunity and equal treatment for every prospective and current employee. It is the policy of TalentBoost not to discriminate based on race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, sex and gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
Req ID: R4335