Job Title: Assembly Operations Manager
About our company:
The Raymond Corporation is a division of the Toyota Industries Corporation. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, innovation and growth. Our Associates are the foundation of our continued success. If you're innovative and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
About the position:
We're looking for an Assembly Operations Manager who under extremely limited supervision will plan, organize, implement and manage the activities, resources, and people for assigned projects and departmental/divisional areas of responsibility, ensuring goals and objectives clearly support the Company's Strategic Plan. You will:
- Provide leadership and guidance to subordinates
- Champions safety as an integral part of everyone's job and holds self and employees accountable to highest standard of safe conduct.
- Manages operational responsibilities consistent with TPS (Toyota Production System) principles.
- Develop methods, practices and procedures in support of operating policy and objectives.
- Establish projects and/or operational teams such that organizational objectives are consistent with other organizations and the general needs of the business.
- Manage and delegate multiple or large projects and/or processes.
- Mentor and coach employees, sharing job specific knowledge. Encourages training and development opportunities.
- Provide timely, constructive, and honest performance appraisals for all employees with emphasis upon results and demonstrated capabilities.
- Provide input and justification for staffing requirements.
- Initiate action and approve or recommend approval of promotions, merit increases, transfers, leave of absence and other personnel changes.
- Create and foster a teamwork atmosphere; solicit ideas from employees in fostering individual and material continuous improvement objectives in a TPS environment.
- Work with management in the establishment of annual goals and objectives for department. Develop and maintain the necessary and appropriate policies, records, documentation, procedures, practices and discipline to effectively and efficiently achieve the objectives of your organization and your commitments to other organizations.
- Commit assigned resources within chartered guidelines to achieve objectives. Ensure training, procedures and equipment are provided and utilized to maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Demonstrates excellent listening skills to foster an environment of two-way, open communication in all interactions.
- Represent the interests of the business in negotiations with other companies
About the schedule:
This position is 1st shift.
About the work environment:
Works in a factory setting. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required in accordance with Company policy. Reporting associates may be required to stand for long periods of time and manually lift/move/manipulate parts up to 50 pounds or use cranes/hoists to move heavier materials. Temperatures may be extreme; elevated in the summer, cold in the winter. Needs to be able to cope with stressors and demands that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable and defined levels of performance are maintained.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field is preferred.
- This is a mid-level management role within the organization. Eight or more years of professional experience, with at least three years of management experience is required.
- Experience in the competencies of the functional areas of responsibility is preferred.
It would be great if you had:
- Experience managing in a TPS environment
- Master's degree in Operations Management or related field
- Strong leadership skills; ability to influence and create collaboration in a 360 degree environment
- Experience making decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Success developing TPS production/leading continuous improvement in Assembly Operations
About the total compensation package:
Benefits - We recognize the value of a comprehensive benefits program for our employees and work tirelessly to make sure our package meets the needs of our employees and their families. Eligible employees can elect and participate in a variety of benefits including:
- Medical and Rx Plan options
- Dental and Vision Plan options
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for medical and dependent care
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Accident, Critical Illness, and Indemnity Insurance
- ID Theft Protection
- Comprehensive 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Profit Sharing Plan based on annual profitability
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Vacation, Sick, Personal & Volunteer Time
- Company Paid Holidays
- Tuition Aid Program