JJob Title: Catering Manager
Salary: £11.29-£12.69 p/h
We are committed to providing outstanding hospitality that enhances the visitor experience of our country park customers. We aspire to operate a sustainable business that adds value to our communities".
- To lead and direct catering operations, ensuring a high-quality catering service which meets the needs of Manor Farm.
- Ensures the efficient and profitable business performance of the catering service and the optimal use of staff and resources.
- Overall responsibility for monitoring all food safety procedures and complete implementation of the Countryside Food Safety Management System.
- Implements a growth strategy that maximises sales opportunities and meets agreed income targets and visitor requirements.
The role of the Catering Manager includes but is not limited to:
Quality Standards and Customer Service
- Guarantees that every customer receives the highest levels of customer service and product on visiting our restaurants.
- Ensure point of sale, signs, and displays look sharp, professional and are in line with Countryside Service branding and Catering Development standards.
- Respond to complaints in a timely manner offering a resolution that satisfies the customer.
- Ensuring that all communication with the team and guests is professional and conducive to creating a happy, safe, and efficient environment.
- Monitoring team performance through intervening, giving feedback, and providing constructive criticism when behaviour, attitude, presentation, or execution fail to meet the standards required of a Countryside Service employee.
- Being responsible for the welfare of the team, guests, and business.
- Supporting the Catering Supervisor and Catering Assistants in their roles.
- Instilling and reinforcing positive behaviours in the team through leading by example.
- When applicable, delegate tasks to the team to help with the smooth running and upkeep of the business.
- Ensure that staffing levels are adequate for any given shifts across the week by writing rotas that are reflective of both available labour budget and sales demand.
- Manage and record staff absence and sickness through the appropriate channels, complete return to work paperwork with all staff returning from sickness and raise concerns around patterns with Park Manager and/or HR.
- Ensure staff breaks are scheduled and organised in such a way that the needs of the business and guest are uncompromised.
- Providing the team with soft skills training and coaching whilst on shift.
Food Safety / Health and Safety
- Responsible for the monitoring and implementation of the Countryside Service Food Safety Management System.
- Ensuring the appropriate health and safety and food safety checks take place throughout the shift and are recorded in the Food Safety Diary sheet.
- Ensuring that cleaning schedules are followed and that the appropriate records are completed and up to date.
- Responsible for ensuring that allergen information is available to hand and that it corresponds to the current food offering.
- Ensuring that the team have completed all appropriate statutory training and E-Learning and that this is reflected in the training matrix and that all statutory certificates have been printed off and are stored in the appropriate staff files.
- Maintaining the business in such a way that it is always safe, clean and legal.
- Maintaining adequate and appropriate stock levels through ordering and management of food and drink produce whilst following Countryside Service food safety processes and policies
- Controlling food and drink wastage through use of stock rotation, FIFO and accurate stock takes as well as taking action to avoid waste.
- Responsible for opening and closing the restaurant when running shift.
- Reporting and logging any maintenance issues as and when they arise as well as chasing maintenance for a resolution.
- Providing a comprehensive shift handover at the end of shift for the incoming shift manager/supervisor
- Providing pre and post shift briefs to the team to ensure that the correct messages and information is cascaded to the team.
- Make decisions that benefit the business, guest, and team.
- The Catering Manager will assume total management responsibility of the catering business.
- Motivates the team to achieve whilst on shift through positive reinforcement and support.
- Reacting to the needs of the business in an appropriate manner.
- Seeking to constantly improve every day.
- Actively run shifts, leading the Front of House team whilst welcoming, serving and completing customer transactions.
Finance / Administration
- Completing weekly banking, safe counts and end of day banking following Countryside Service cash handling policy and processes.
- Completing the Income and Expenditure forms accurately and in a timely manner.
- Approving invoices and checking against EDI's.
- Passing internal and external audits and following up on any actions resulting from failed marks.
- Controlling spend in line with budget to ensure that the business achieves its bottom-line targets.
- Growing top line sales by actively marketing the business through a variety of channels.
- Achieving all KPI's and service metrics.
Connect2Hampshire, part of Hampshire & Kent Commercial Services LLP, is an equal opportunities Employment Agency & Business and positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates.