Position Title: Assistant Meat Manager
Supervisor: Meat Manager
FLSA: Non-exempt (Paid by the hour)
Responsible for receiving product and ensures that aisles/freezers and refrigerators are stocked, labeled, clean and delivered product is packed out, and proper customer service is provided.
- Ensure proper customer service and works to develop relationships with large customers.
- Helps supervise all activities in the Meat Department including product placement, rotation, signage, and displays.
- Responsible for overall department appearance, cleanliness, and adherence to both government and corporate ordinances. Must maintain records as required.
- Supervises and works together with the Meat Supervisors (if applicable) and Stockers to assure that the Meat Department is operating in a manner that adheres to company standards.
- Develops schedules, monitors performance and recommends the proper discipline as appropriate.
- Trains employees in job responsibilities and safe operating procedures
- Assists with candidate interviews and recommends for hires.
- Disciplines employees when necessary and recommends terminations.
- Ensures that employees are performing the proper inspections to meet HACCP regulations as well as conducting periodic HACCP audits.
- Reviews inventory for product rotation on a daily basis to prevent shrinkage and damages.
- Ensures that shelf pricing is correct and reflects the most recent pricing and market conditions.
- Supervises the receiving of all meat products and ensures that the proper paperwork is completed.
- Maintains accurate computer inventory levels by having physical inventories performed on a regular basis and adjustments made.
- Maintains refrigerated equipment and makes sure maintenance contracts and schedules are followed.
- Supervises the ordering of meat products from vendors on a regular basis to assure we have competitive pricing and minimal shrink due to spoilage and not have too much inventory on hand.
- Makes sure all the employees in the department can work the equipment such as Toledo scale and Dennison label machine.
- Coordinates that the pallets stored in the racks have the proper block and date tags.
- Follows program to maintain the cleanliness of the area by a regular maintenance schedule of scrubbing, and pulling out pallets and cleaning underneath.
- Insures that excess inventory not slotted on floor is stacked in overhead racks in close proximity to where it is sold or stored in freezers/refrigerators.
- Assures that trash is removed from floor and properly handled.
- Makes sure that low stock/out of stock information is communicated to the Inventory Controller after carefully checking the system and rack for product.
- Maintains that all signage is correct and that the flyers prices are reflected on the product.
- Coordinates proper merchandising of aisles (logical adjacencies, proper holding power, space allocation) and creatively merchandises and sets up impulse areas for merchandising.
- Performs additional duties, responsibilities and projects as assigned.
- Performs weekly self-audits of the Meat Department.
- Performs other work-related duties as required and assigned.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- Bachelors Degree, OR High School Diploma OR GED with at least 4 years experience in customer service, OR any appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, and general public
- Ability to calculate figures, and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, area, mass and volume.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situation and documentation.
- Commitment to company values and strong customer orientation.
- Computer Literacy
Physical Requirements:1.Lift/Carry Abilities (measured for maximum or average load)a.Lift 50 lbsb.Carry strength (50 or less) 50 lbsc.Frequent lift/carry (> 12x/hour) 50 lbsd.Constant lift/carry (> 30x/hr) 20 lbs2.Physical Aptitudes (rated based on level of skill involved)a.Agility/dynamic balance 80-100%b.Finger dexterity 80-100%c.Manual dexterity %3.Posture Tolerance (rated based on frequency or time involved)a.Stand/walk constantlyb.Reach above shoulder level occasionallyc.Twist/turn head occasionallyd.Bend over/stoop occasionallye.Climb steps/ladder occasionallyf.Kneel/squat - occasionally
- Requires frequent exposure to cold/freezing temperatures
- Equipment in motion (forklifts, electric pallet jacks, scooters) I have had the opportunity to read and discuss this job description with my supervisor. I fully understand the responsibilities and qualifications required for this job. Furthermore, I find that I am capable of performing the required functions.
I fully understand the responsibilities and qualifications required for this job. Furthermore, I find that I am capable of performing the required functions.