Location: Saginaw, TX
Ventura Foods is a leading global manufacturer of branded and custom food products that proudly helps food providers in the U.S., Canada and more than 60 other countries earn a special place on consumers' tables. We do this by continually crafting custom dressings, sauces, mayonnaises, and other food solutions that exceed peoples' expectations for great-tasting flavors and high-quality ingredients.
Headquartered in Brea, California, Ventura Foods operates 14 manufacturing facilities, 3 culinary centers, and numerous distribution centers across North America. When you work in our manufacturing and distribution facilities, you get a strong foundation of training, a manager who cares about you and celebrates your success, a safe environment, and challenging work. As part of our team, your future is limited only by how much you're willing to push yourself to get there. We invest in your growth, because you invest in ours.
Why Join Us?
Ventura Foods offers career growth opportunities, on-the-job training, as well as a full suite of benefits beginning on your first day for eligible employees, including:
- $1,000 Sign-on Bonus
- Profit Sharing and 401(k) Matching (after eligible criteria is met)
- Paid Vacation, Sick Time, and Holiday Pay
- Weekly Pay
- Shift Differential Pay, $1.00/hr. (if applicable)
- Employee Appreciation Events
- Medical and Prescription Coverage
- Dental and Vision Benefits
- Basic and Supplemental (AD&D) Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
To blend together all of the necessary dry, wet and refrigerated ingredients to deliver a finished product to the customer that meets their formula specifications. Also to deliver a product to a customer that meets their requirements in both taste and appearance.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform pre-shift preparation and ensure that all surfaces that will contact product (piping, utensils, vessels) are sanitized and ready for operation. Record data on the mixer SIS form
- Follow batch sheet without deviation while mixing product. Any deviation must be approved. All deviations recorded on the batch adjustment sheet
- Makes necessary approved adjustments, monitors gauges, equipment and temperatures. Keep records of batches made, ingredients used, and records processing parameters. Supply a product sample, as required, to Quality Control (QC) for testing and approval for packing.
- Read daily production schedule and process orders in the established sequence. Complete all paperwork in a timely manner and turn in to appropriate personnel, fill out work orders as needed
- Constant communication with spicers, QA and machine operators
- Ensure that machine operators have produced the correct number of cases for each order
- Manage rework to ensure proper rework instructions are followed
- Post operation, housekeeping and closing out a shift properly. Handoff to sanitation or the next shift
- Responsible for following all food safety policies, procedures and regulatory criteria including the current SQF code, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), and the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) and associated preventive controls
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent experience
- 1 or more years of experience in a food manufacturing environment
Knowledge and Skills:
- A very general knowledge of how the mixture or adding of certain ingredients will affect the overall product. Thorough knowledge of what each ingredient will bring to the overall property of the product
- Must be able to read and communicate in the English language in order to accurately select materials per batch sheets, interpret and execute documents such as safety rules and standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Possess reading and math skills needed to accurately verify quantities of ingredients and to accurately add ingredients to batch
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to interact with coworkers, other departments and managers
- Capable of being forklift licensed/certified with the ability to be trained and demonstrate safe operation of material handling equipment
Regularly requires intermittent sitting, standing, walking, climbing, squatting, kneeling, pushing, and pulling. Physical strength and dexterity sufficient to perform the required task(s). Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds or more with assistance. Additional demands may be required.
In addition to normal business hours, work schedules may include after hours and weekends as needed. May work outside and in adverse temperatures which include extreme hot, cold, and humidity. May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. Must be willing and able to wear personal protective equipment as required by established Company Safety standards. May require work in confined and dark spaces, and at heights in excess of 18 feet for prolonged periods of time.
Ventura Foods is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.