Role: Accounts Assistant / Assistant Accountant
Location: Central Bury
Salary: £24,000 - £30,000 DOE
Benefits: ACCA Study Support, Hybrid working 1-2 days a week from home, free parking on site, training provided, modern office, IT set up for home working, 23 days holiday plus bank holidays.
Four are partnering with a reputable chartered accountancy practice based in central Bury with a generous salary on offer up to £30,000 and freedom to make the role your own. The role is offering up to 35 hours a week, with reduced hours also being considered for part-time applicants.
We are looking for someone with existing experience working in an accountancy practice - whether past or present - with the ability to meet deadlines and deliver excellent levels of service being key for success in the role. The business offers a relaxed atmosphere in a modern office in an attractive location with free private parking for all staff members.
There is scope to be a full-time bookkeeper, or to develop your role beyond this whilst studying ACCA
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Recording financial transactions.
- Managing the accounts payable and receivable ledgers of multiple clients
- Credit control for clients - bringing in overdue payments
- Completing tax forms
- Managing profit and loss statements and balance sheets
- Handling client invoices by recording and approving or denying the payments
- Being a point of contact for clients, answering queries with care and chasing for additional information where required
- Preparing VAT returns
- Processing small payrolls using Sage
What we're looking for:
An ideal candidate for this role is someone with a keen eye for detail and exceptional organisation. You will manage your own portfolio of clients and will be entrusted with the management of your own workload, making time management essential. Personality is a large factor in the hiring process, we're looking for someone with a friendly personality and good work ethic who'll match the wider team.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Experience working within an accountancy practice
- Willingness to learn
- An interest in studying a finance related qualification (not essential)
- Great communication skill and being able to pitch in and work with the wider team
- IT literate, working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and able to pick up new systems quickly, experience using Sage is advantageous alongside Xero
For immediate consideration please submit an updated CV - we are able to wait for candidates with a notice period, with the importance being focused on finding the right person.