Bistro Cook Summary:
Prepare, season and cook light volumne orders for breakfast and prep misc.food items. Keep track of kitchen line supplies and general light kitchen cleaning. Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, or piercing with utensils, thermometers.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes approved by the franchise and owner/operator, using various kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Portion, arrange, and garnish food in a timely manner.
- Wash, peel, cut and seed fruits and vegetables to prepare for consumption.
- Consult with management staff to assist in planning menus (special events) taking into consideration factors such as costs and labor involved.
- Periodically inspect and clean food preparation areas such as equipment and work surfaces or serving areas to ensure safe and sanitary food-handling practices.
- Ensure food is stored and cooked at correct temperature by regulating temperature of ovens, broilers, grills and roasters.
- Comply with local, state and federal health code mandated guidelines.
- Maintain cleanliness of the kitchen area per local health codes.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
This hotel operates seven (7) days a week, twenty- four (24) hours per day. All employees both management and hourly must realize this fact and be willing to hold a flexible schedule that includes: nights, weekends and holidays e-Verify Employer