ALKEGEN has an exciting opportunity for a Business Intelligence Manager within our IT team! This role has the opportunity to work with our business from the shop floor associates to the CEO to create BI solutions. We are committed to staying at the forefront of technology and the manager for this role values staying up to date on technology trends and professional development activities.
The Business Intelligence (BI) Solution Manager will lead cross-functional global teams and must have extensive knowledge of business core processes, back-end IT systems, master data and analytics to deliver world class business intelligence solutions. Responsibilities include ongoing support of the BI infrastructure, implementing BI solutions and collaborating with all levels of the business on projects where there is BI impact. This role is critical to grow, support, and govern business intelligence providing insightful reporting and analytics to drive competitive advantage. The individual must interact with people at all levels of the organization.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Lead the business intelligence team consisting of BI developers, Data Architects and developers and the data governance team
- Lead cross-functional business intelligence teams
- Partner with business owners to create requirements, use cases, key deliverables, scope, resources, schedule, test cases, risks and acceptance criteria for business intelligence solutions
- Own the implementation of the data warehouse, data modeling, and ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) process
- Understand business intelligence analytic tools and dashboards in order to present information in a meaningful way
- Prototype reports for evaluation with stakeholders to understand if metrics and analytical needs are being satisfied
- Subject matter expert in back-end IT systems and infrastructure
- Optimize the performance of reports and dashboards
- Work directly with suppliers to resolve issues
- Create documentation in support of the data warehouse
- Evaluate new tools to improve the user experience and data mining process
What You'll Need To Have:
- A minimum of two years hands-on experience building an enterprise data warehouse, data modeling and other ETL processes (SAP Netweaver BW experience preferred but not required)
- Four or more years of project management experience with a major ERP and/or Business Intelligence implementation (SAP experience preferred but not required)
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or related field is required.
- Knowledge of business core processes and business acumen
- Technical experience in management relational databases such as SQL, DB2, Oracle
- Extensive experience developing in reporting tools (Qlik, Tableau, Business Objects, Cognos, Microsoft Excel, etc.).
- Experience with data governance principles, processes and tools.
- Demonstrated experience in creating technical and functional specifications with related test plans.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to manage cross-functional teams across business units
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Passion for data driven decision making