Business Unit Description:
Michael Foods, Inc. is a leader in the food processing and distribution industry with business in egg products, refrigerated grocery and potato products. We offer exciting job possibilities throughout our organization where you can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact. Join our company and be part of an innovative team that's First in Food.
Wakefield is one of the largest production facilities within Michael Foods. We serve as a flex plant and are able to produce everything from a whole pasteurized egg to liquid, dried, hardboiled and curds.
The Shag Driver is responsible for allocating and spotting all trailers as well as loading and unloading of product. This position has the responsibility to comply with Safety work rules at all times as well as an obligation to reinforce Safety as a Core Value. Ensures that all policies, procedures and activities, related to Food Safety & Quality, are followed and complied with uniformly, in an effort to reduce product and process variability.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Allocates and spots all trailers for unloading and loading.
- Coordinates getting trailers to the shop area for pre-trip inspection and repairs.
- Responsible to verify that all trailers are washed properly for loading.
- Must weigh trailers when loaded. Starts trailer reefer units.
- Responsible for security of the lot.
- Responsible to report places in the lot that need repaired.
- Must routinely check reefer temperatures on loaded trailers.
- Responsible for securing trailer doors.
- Assumes personal responsibility to insure safe and healthy workplace for everyone. Adhere to all safety policies and procedures and, incorporate safety and health in all jobs and tasks.
- Adheres to Quality work practices, follows GMP's, maintains sanitary conditions and ensures that product quality is maintained. Reports to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety and quality.
- Able to work overtime and holidays when needed.
- Insures regulatory compliance at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPEREINCE REQUIRED:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent.
- Must possess valid CDL (Commercial Driver License) with a tanker endorsement.
- Meet all Federal DOT Requirements for Class A CDL (Commercial Driver License)
- Minimum age is 18 years old (Intrastate - Nebraska)
- Minimum age is 21 years old (Hazardous)
- Meet all requirements outlined in the Company DOT Written Program
- Must be able to safely spot and back trailers into some very tight areas ensuring that no damage is done to equipment.
- Must be very cautious of pedestrians.
- Must have required knowledge and experience on operation of freezer units.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Required to go to multiple locations.
- Computer experience - helpful.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups, customers/vendors or employees of the organization.
- Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
- Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and distance.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram or schedule form.
- Clean Driving Record
- Must obtain forklift license.