OverviewWillamette Veterinary Hospital
is seeking an experienced Veterinary Technician
to join our team!$1,000 sign on bonus for qualified candidates!
We are a full-service animal hospital offering 24hr emergency and critical care. Our mission is to provide clients and their pets with high quality, progressive and compassionate veterinary care. In order to do so, we encourage our team of highly motivated and innovative staff; and provide them with the necessary skills, training and education. Location:
1562 SW 3rd Street Corvallis, OR 97333 Shift Details:
Second and Third shift. ResponsibilitiesHow you'll make an impact:
- Maintain and uphold Core Values and Mission Statement of MVP.
- Provide guidance to the support staff to assure that the shift flows well
- Provide input to the hospital manager for 360-degree employee performance evaluations.
- Provide patient care under the supervision and direction of a DVM.
- Maintain excellent client communication.
- Record all pertinent medical, client and case related information in the patient record accurately with appropriate grammar, terms, and accurate information.
QualificationsRequired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Review medical records, estimates or discharge instructions with clients.
- Answer client's inquiries about basic animal care questions and routine procedures; handle client's medical questions with confidence and direct to veterinarians when appropriate.
- Minimum of 18 years old.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Some veterinary industry experience required.
- Must be proficient in a variety of skills ranging from but not limited to laboratory, pharmacy, radiology, surgery, dental and nursing skills.
- Ability to demonstrate patience and composure in stressful situations, and ability to handle a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to stay calm and efficient during a medical crisis.
- Ability to give SQ, IM and IV injections.
- Knowledge of usage, dosage, and common side-effects for commonly used prescription drugs and ability to readily explain them to the clients.
We put people first and never compromise on our values.
Apply today for immediate consideration!
Mission Veterinary Partners (MVP) is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.