Leaders in recovery. Champions of hope.
Rosecrance is a private not-for-profit organization and nationally recognized leader in treating substance use and mental health disorders for children, adolescents, adults, and families. With nearly 60 locations in Illinois, Wisconsin, and Iowa, our physician-led team has developed an innovative, multidisciplinary, outcomes-informed approach.
Since 1916, our unmatched legacy as a proven behavioral healthcare leader is a source of hope and strength to those we serve and provides a roadmap for the best opportunity for lasting recovery. Rosecrance served nearly 50,000 clients last year.
Achieve accurate and timely submission of claims through audit and processing of client data as well as continuously improving revenue cycle processes.
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum of five years' experience in healthcare claims processing, or combination of education, training and experience
- Computer proficiency in a Windows environment, knowledge of Microsoft Office products with an emphasis in Excel.
- Detailed knowledge of electronic billing processes and universal billing forms (UB04, HCFA 1500)
- Adequate written skills to accurately complete required documentation within the time frames prescribed
- Excellent organizational skills
Enter cash receipts according to guidelines for all Rosecrance entities.
Enter denials according to guidelines for all Rosecrance entities.
Post deposit information in Greentree (Financial Software)
Responsible for posting all cash receipts received (Federal and State grants, DASA, Medicare, Medicaid, county, other public programs).
Tracking and reporting revenue cycle data for trends and issues.
Pull daily bank activity for cash
Work with supervisor for month end close
Retrieve 835 payments through use of websites and/or other means
Modify and document processes to meet changing requirements- through testing troubleshoot process problems, propose
Responsible for maintaining current knowledge of 835 claim Adjustment and Reason Codes.
Identify and enter adjustment corrections into the electronic medical record.
Maintain integrity of accounts receivable ledger through review when posting cash.
Setup, testing and maintenance of 835 defaults and dictionaries within the electronic medical
Strive to propose enhancements to improve
Provide appropriate documentation and reports designed to assist in fiscal management of the agency.
Serve as a member of the Revenue Cycle Team and participate in all team meetings and
Understand and comply with all of the principles established by the Rosecrance Corporate
Compliance Program and Code of Ethics.
Perform all responsibilities in compliance with the mission, vision, values and expectations of Rosecrance.
Deliver exceptional customer service consistently to every
Serve as a role model for other staff, patients and customers and demonstrate positive guest relations in representing
Assume other related responsibilities as assigned by management.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Based on education, experience and credentials
- Health insurance with multiple options to meet your needs
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account with company contribution
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with employer match and discretionary employer contribution
- Group life Insurance including LTD and AD&D
- Tuition assistance (qualifications apply)
- Licensure/certification reimbursement (qualifications apply)
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Wellness plan
- Certain facilities offering on-site gym
Schedule: 8 hour shifts
- Day shift: 8:30am - 5:00pm
- Monday - Friday
Work Location: Rosecrance Health Network - Rockford, IL
Rosecrance is an equal opportunity employer.
EEO is the Law: .pdf