Leaders in recovery. Champions of hope.
Rosecrance is a private not-for-profit organization and nationally recognized leader in treating substance use and mental health disorders for children, adolescents, adults, and families. With nearly 60 locations in Illinois, Wisconsin, and Iowa, our physician-led team has developed an innovative, multidisciplinary, outcomes-informed approach.
Our comprehensive continuum of care includes intervention and assessments; residential care for teens and adults with on-site detox services; intensive outpatient care and continuing care; family support, education, and therapy; virtual outpatient services and family support programs; alumni programming and parent support groups; and prevention and early intervention education for students and communities.
Location: Rosecrance Ware Center Rockford, IL (WFH)
Schedule: 7:30 - 4:00 M-F
Position Purpose: Manage and maintain the client business accounts and serve as a resource to clients and their families regarding treatment funding options.
Qualifications/Basic Job Requirements:
High School diploma or GED
Minimum of two years experience in handling third party insurance claims
Computer data entry ability
Excellent verbal communication skills
Must be emotionally and medically able to perform essential job responsibilities
Must be free from active or infectious diseases
1. Work hours prescribed and be available to work additional hours when necessary. Overtime may be required.
2. Handle all third party insurance processing for patients, including determination and verification of benefits, financial interview with clients or guardians, and follow-up of financial commitments, while checking for consistency of commitments.
3. Conduct individual case benefit negotiations with the guidance of the supervisor
4. Provide information for staff relating to client financial information. Notify staff as to proper funding classification per current procedures.
5. Conduct registration with all new/returning clients, including, but not limited to, concurrent documentation in EHR of demographic information, reviewing and ensuring completion of opening paperwork, and effective communication to clients and staff regarding admission- site specific.
6. Conduct Medicaid/Medicare or other insurance coverage verification and confirm/update Financial Eligibility and Authorizations (as applicable) on all new clients and at least once/mo on all open clients.
7. Assist clients with the Medicaid Application process as needed and applicable
8. Coordinate payment activities consistent with patient/agency agreement. Receive client payments and maintain accurate payment handling and documentation according to current SOP.
9. Maintain accurate funding documentation as related to daily census activity as applicable.
10. Assist clients with the Patient Assistance application process and track the granting and application of Patient Assistance funds.
11. Complete Medicaid/Managed Medicaid/Commercial Insurance authorization requests timely per SOP.
12. Enter into EHR authorizations for all guarantors as applicable.
13. Provide appropriate documentation and reports designed to assist in fiscal management of the agency.
14. Understand and comply with all of the principles established by the Rosecrance Corporate Compliance Program and Code of Conduct.
15. Perform all responsibilities in compliance with the mission, vision, values and expectations of Rosecrance.
16. Deliver exceptional customer service consistently to every customer.
17. Serve as a role model for other staff, clients and customers and demonstrate positive guest relations in representing Rosecrance.
18. Assume other related responsibilities as assigned by management.
Physical Requirements/Percentage of Work Time
1. Vision: Must be able to read printed and/or handwritten materials from a variety of sources 75-100%
2. Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with coworkers 50-79%; answer incoming phone calls 25-49%; interact with the public 25-49%
3. Standing/Walking/Mobility: Must have mobility between departments within the facility 25-49%
4. Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling: 0-24%
5. Lifting/Pulling/Pushing: Must exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 5 pounds of force frequently to lift or move objects 25-49%
6. Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: Must be able to finger keyboard for computer work and phone equipment for placing/receiving calls 50-74%
7. Sitting: must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time when using the computer 25-49%
- Health insurance with multiple plan options to meet your needs
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account with company contribution
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with employer match and discretionary employer contribution
- Group Life Insurance including LTD and AD&D
- Tuition assistance (qualifications apply)
- Licensure/certification reimbursement (qualifications apply)
- Paid Time Off
- Referral program
- Wellness plan
- Certain facilities offering on-site gym
EEO is the Law: .pdf