$10,000 Sign on Bonus
St Vincent Hospital - Center for Women & Infants
The Center for Women & Infants is a Level IIB perinatal service in downtown Worcester. It is comprised of 10 Labor/Delivery/Recovery Rooms, 2 ORs, a seven bed Level IIB Nursery and 28 private mother-baby rooms. We offer 24-hour anesthesia services and hospitalist CNM coverage in addition to highly qualified OB/GYN and CNM delivery practices and unit coverage. The Center for Women and Infants proudly achieved Baby Friendly Designation in 2019 and offers a comprehensive lactation support program, childbirth education and a human donor milk program.
• Responsible for directing and coordinating off shift (evenings) departmental function and delivery of safe, family-centered care in collaboration with unit managers, clinical educators, and director for Labor and Delivery, Mother Baby, and Special Care Nursery.
• Collaborate with nursing leadership team in strategic planning; implementation, evaluation, and revision of structures and processes to support and enhance the competence, autonomy, and accountability of the nursing team.
• Facilitate off shift safety rounds.
• Assist with ongoing regulatory (ex. Joint Commission) preparedness.
• Assist with coordination of patient satisfaction initiatives.
• Coordinate daily operations to assure appropriate staffing and optimal patient flow.
• Assist with unit payroll and staff scheduling.
• Support ongoing professional development.
• Facilitate incorporation of evidence based practice and quality improvement initiatives as appropriate.
Onboarding Process: Please be advised that candidates must successfully complete a background check and pre-employment health screening which includes a drug screen.
• Bachelors of Science in Nursing required
• Master's degree in nursing, leadership/administration, or health related field preferred
• 3-5 years demonstrated leadership ability in an acute care setting; with sound clinical judgment and decision making responsibility
• LDRP experience preferred
Licensure and Certification
• MA Registered Nurse license required
• BLS required
• NRP within 6 months of hire
Occasional weekend and holiday coverage/call, as needed.
Managers and Directors
Saint Vincent Hospital
If Other Shift, Specify:
every other weekend and holiday required / flex
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.