It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing! Job Description Summary:
As a Systems Engineer at Rocket Software, you are part of a global, fast-paced IT organization with a primary mission to provide world class service to software development labs and internal departments ensuring our employees have are able to perform at the highest level. You will be responsible for the design, implementation, maintenance, and monitoring of complex systems in your area of expertise. You will identify, analyze, and resolve system issues and report on deficiencies in configuration, process, and documentation as well as develop and recommend corrective actions. You will collaborate with senior members of the team to influence and make suggestions that aid in the designing of technical solutions and lead the group in the completion of that solution. At times you will be called on to mentor junior team members. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Configuration and infrastructure management
- Executing and troubleshooting SaaS application
- Development of and continual improvement of automation and procedures
- Analyzing and supporting infrastructure in AWS and our on-premise data center
- Monitoring system performance and capacity planning to recommend corrective actions
- Documenting current environments and ongoing maintenance of documentation
- Collaborate with product owners, developers and support staff to ensure continuous and reliable delivery of service
- Associates Degree for Networking, Software Development, Database Administration, Cloud Platforms.
- Knowledge of or desire to learn
- AWS, Azure or other cloud platforms administration
- Containerization technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Amazon ECS
- Windows and Linux Administration
- Databases Administration
- Scripting languages (Bash, Python, Powershell)
- Git, Bitbucket and related tools
- Application build pipeline tools such as Jenkins
- OWASP security principles
- Position specific:
- EDI (EdiFact, X12, VDA...)
- Communication protocols (AS2, X400, OFTP...)
- Flexible, self learner and willingness to learn new technologies
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organization and planning skills
- English technical level
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, or related experience
Minimal, Information Security:
Information security is everyones responsibility. A fundamental principle of information security at Rocket Software is that all individuals in the organization have a responsibility for the security and protection of company information and IT Resources over which they have control, according to their role. Diversity, Inclusion & Equity:
At Rocket we are committed to an inclusive workplace environment, where every Rocketeer can thrive by bringing their full selves to work. Being a Rocketeer means you are part of our movement to continually drive inclusivity, diversity and equity in our workforce.
Rocket Software Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Rocket Software Inc. is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Rocket is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please call: or send an email to . We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!