Cluster Meetings and Events Sales Executive
Imperial Hotels London - Based at Royal National Hotel
40 hours a week (Flexible 5/ 7 days)
£25,000 - £27,000 + Benefits
In joining our team, you'll be immediately welcomed into the Imperial London Hotels (ILH) family where we have a rich history of 175 years of hospitality experience creating unique guest experiences.
Our seven hotels are all located in the heart of Bloomsbury, Central London. From our charming 34-bedroom boutique Morton Hotel to our largest and lively Royal National hotel with a huge 1630-bedrooms.
Collectively our 7 hotels represent one of Europe's largest conference centres with the space, facilities and flexibility to accommodate a roundtable discussion for 6 people to a large conference attended by over 700 delegates within our 24 meeting rooms.
We are now recruiting for a Cluster Meeting and Events Sales Executive.
As Cluster M&E Sales Executive you will provide commercial, administrative and service support to Cluster M&E Sales Manager through responding to all inquires on event space for our 7 ILH hotels and attend to delivery of clients' request of their event.
- As the first point of contact for M&E enquiries from agents/clients by phone, email responding in a timely manner and is able to convert enquiries into bookings.
- Practices efficient and effective yield management and diary management in line with guidelines and in consultation with Cluster Meetings and Events Sales Manager.
- Actively seeks out client feedback after event to gauge satisfaction and ensure repeat business, where necessary resolves and disputes in a professional manager.
- Maintains a good knowledge of all 7 hotel facilities and offers to cross-sell effectively and enhance the guest experience, keeps up to date on competitor pricing, understands the local market and demand.
- Demonstrates a service attitude that exceeds expectations with the ability to handle any enquiries in an efficient and professional manner. Ensures known repeat guests, VIP and other priority members receive special attention.
- Understands the importance of yielding and the demand calendar.
- Attends weekly/ monthly department meetings.
What we'd like from you
- Previous experience gained within conference and events sales including event planning and coordination of M&E.
- Has ability to generate revenue opportunities through up-selling and proactive selling.
- Has a genuine interest in providing the best service for our customer.
- Great organisational and time management skills. Able to adapt to different clients' needs and changing business priorities.
- You will have the ability to effectively problem solve ensuring that any complaints are resolved in a calm and professional manner.
- Has a confident and engaging telephone manner with ability to build rapport quickly.
- Working knowledge of Opera would be beneficial
- You will have a good level of spoken and written English
What you'll get in return
- Holidays 28 (inc. of bank holidays) increasing with length of service up to 33 days
- Reward and recognition schemes including discounts across a number of high street brands
- 30% discount to friends and family at our hotels (excluding Morton Hotel)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Interest free season ticket loan (after probation)
- Training and development through our ILH Group Academy to support your career development and growth.
- Employee recognition awards, Christmas Party and other social events.
- Free Meals on Duty
- Local discounts at Gym, Dry Cleaners, Restaurant outlets