At AutoNation, getting customers back on the road is what drives us. We're looking for a Collision Body Technician Trainee or Auto Body Technician Trainee to join our team. As a Collision Body Technician Trainee, you'll work with the Collision Body Team Lead to grow your skills by assisting with vehicle repairs as assigned in accordance with dealer and factory standards. You will learn the skills necessary to ensure repairs are completed on time and deliver top-notch work to delight our customers.
What are the daily job responsibilities?
- Performing body and fender repairs as outlined on repair or work order, with direction from Collision Body Team Lead.
- Communicating effectively with Metal Technician, Paint Technician, and other Collision Center Associates.
- Operating all equipment in the Collision Center in a safe and productive manner, following AutoNation's Safety Standards for the use of personal protective equipment (e.g., safety glasses, gloves, hearing protection) while working on the production floor.
- Participating in additional training classes (e.g., I-CAR, OEM and ASE)
- Mixing all chemicals according to manufacturer directions/specifications.
- Understanding and following federal, state, and local regulations that affect Collision Center operations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA guidelines, etc.
- Gaining superior product knowledge to provide high quality repairs.
What are the requirements for the Collision Body Technician Trainee?
- ICAR certification (preferred) or interest to become certified.
- OEM certification (preferred) or interest to become certified.
- Must have a valid, in-state driver's license with an acceptable, safe driving record.
- Ability to operate an automobile.
What are the opportunities for career growth?
Our Associates have many choices for career growth and development after success in a Collision Body Technician Trainee role. Future opportunities may include:
- Collision Body Technician
- Collision Body Team Lead
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those specifically presented. Career opportunities are dependent on business and staffing needs, as well as the qualifications of internal and external candidates.