Job Title Cost Accountant
About our company:
The Raymond Corporation is a division of the Toyota Industries Corporation. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, innovation and growth. Our Associates are the foundation of our continued success. If you're innovative and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
About our team:
Our Operations Finance Team in Greene, NY is looking for a professional, motivated, team-oriented individual who can solve complex problems and is interested in a challenging, yet exciting position as a Cost Accountant. In this position, you will play an integral role in the success of the Operations Finance Department, while identifying opportunities to improve processes. You will work collaboratively with multiple functional areas to solve problems and achieve organizational goals. The successful candidate will demonstrate strong communication skills, attention to detail, adaptability, dependability, personal drive and commitment to get it right .
About the position:
We're looking for a Cost Accountant for our Operations Finance Team. This role places a heavy emphasis on cost accounting and includes analyzing inventory transactions and costing variances. As part of this role, you will also provide financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data, preparing standard and non-standard journal entries for income and balance sheet statements, and compiling various reports. On-site training and development will be provided, with opportunities for growth and career advancement. You will:
- Reconcile inventory balances daily and research any discrepancies and/or unusual transactions while working with the Audit team to resolve inventory discrepancies.
- Analyze and research costing variances including Material Usage, Purchase Price and Material Yield.
- In conjunction with other members of the Operations and Corporate Finance teams, aid in completion of month-end closing activities, including:
- Preparation of standard and non-standard journal entries with appropriate supporting material
- Research of unusual entries or general ledger balances
- Preparation of various reports and commentary to be distributed to management within deadlines
- Assist personnel across the organization with accounting questions and provide financial information.
- Collaborate with multiple functional areas to solve problems and create efficiencies within the organization.
- Identify opportunities to improve financial processes and reporting efficiency, accuracy, and effectiveness. Maintain and improve standard work instructions for processes and reports.
- Maintain internal controls and data integrity following Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) for financial activities related to Inventories and other Accounting functions.
- Perform ad-hoc financial analysis and provide various reports for the Controller and Corporate Finance.
- Support the Operations Finance team in other functions as required.
About the schedule:
This position is 1st shift .
About work schedule:
This position may be eligible for a hybrid work schedule upon successful completion of an orientation period.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field is required.
- 2 or more years of accounting or finance experience is required.
- Knowledge of principles, practices and procedures in business and accounting required.
It would be great if you had:
- Broad working knowledge of various accounting standards and guidelines preferred which may include Generally Accepted Accounting Principles in the United States of America (US GAAP), Sarbanes Oxley (SOx), International Accounting Standards (IAS), and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Advanced computer skills with various business software, including Microsoft Office Suite. Work typically involves performing highly skilled analyses.
- Strong Excel skills are essential.
- Familiarity with a manufacturing environment is very desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required. A bias for action with the ability to execute plans and meet deadlines are essential in this role. A high level of accuracy with strong attention to detail is also critical to success in this role.
- Ability to work in a team environment and demonstrate flexibility, adaptability, and dependability.
About the total compensation package:
Salary - The salary for this position is $52,100 - $66,800.
Benefits - We recognize the value of a comprehensive benefits program for our employees and work tirelessly to make sure our package meets the needs of our employees and their families. Eligible employees can elect and participate in a variety of benefits including:
- Medical and Rx Plan options
- Dental and Vision Plan options
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for medical and dependent care
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Accident, Critical Illness, and Indemnity Insurance
- ID Theft Protection
- Comprehensive 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Profit Sharing Plan based on annual profitability
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Vacation, Sick, Personal & Volunteer Time
- Company Paid Holidays
- Tuition Aid Program