At MidWestOne, our people are number one in everything we do. We are a community bank with a culture based on integrity and customer care. The people on our team are the foundation of our success. If you're ready to work for an organization that values you, develops your talents and helps you grow personally and professionally, then look no further.
The CRA Mortgage Banker is responsible for sourcing and originating Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) eligible and general residential loans for existing MidWestOne customers and prospects within the MidWestOne Bank market and assessment area. The CRA Mortgage Banker will also coordinate and lead community development initiatives in their market. This position is a salary plus commission compensation plan.
- Develop and maintain a regular business plan that includes external sales visits and promotion with realtors, builders, affordable housing providers, non-profit community organizations, etc
- Originates CRA eligible residential mortgage loans in accordance with the banks loan policies and proceduresEstablishes a strong presence for MidWestOne
- Bank in the assigned territory by developing relationships and affiliations with low-and-moderate income housing program
- Hosts and attends homebuyer education seminars, trade shows and other financial education events to raise consumer awareness of MidWestOne Bank loan products
- Encourages bank participation and support of charitable and non-profit service opportunities and outreach opportunities, and documents these efforts accordingly
- Facilitates strong communication with customers and our mortgage operations team to process loan files from application through closing
- Actively participates in branch activities to train retail staff and gain mortgage referrals
- Participates in regular sales, product and regulatory trainings as assigned by the bank management
- Competitive base compensation with additional performance-based incentives/bonus potential (incentives and bonus will vary depending on role)
- Career growth opportunities
- Continuous learning opportunities
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match with immediate vesting
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Employer provided group life insurance with option to purchase additional life insurance for you and your family members
- Employer provided long term and short term disability insurance
- Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Parental/Grandparent Leave, and more!
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Flex spending plan & Health savings accounts
- Additional Insurance options to meet your personal needs: Pet Insurance and Critical Illness and Accident insurance
- Student Loan Debt Reduction Program & Tuition Assistance Plan
- Wellness Program
- Free banking services and other financial services discounts
- Take Your Dog to Work Day in June
- Employee Rally Day- a day of celebration and recognition!
- Bachelor s degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years mortgage banking experience in the assigned territory
- Must possess excellent communication skills; prioritize work demands effectively and be able to manage an external business development plan.
- Knowledge of overall real estate sales or mortgage lending processes is required.
- Knowledge of loan origination software, Encompass
- Experience providing loan products to low-and-moderate income and first-time homebuyers
- Registered and/or approved (if applicable) to sell down payment assistance programs for low-and-moderate income homebuyers in their respective state and market area
- Community development banking experience with proven results
- Bi-lingual language abilities preferred
- Must be S.A.F.E. Act registered through NMLS
We RISE by lifting others. RISE stands for Retention, Innovation, Support, and Empowerment. Through RISE we aspire to create and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging at work and in our communities. Our commitment to RISE is reflected in our operating principles, people and culture. We pledge to continuously learn, so we can understand and support the differences of individuals, embrace each other's strengths, and provide opportunities for all of us to work toward and achieve our full potential.
Now that you know more about us and the position, next step is for you apply so we can learn about you!
FLSA Status: Exempt
Benefits Package: Yes - Full Time Package
External Company URL:
Street 2: 2120 Hennepin Ave South