The Supervisor will be responsible for directly managing the Delinquent Earned Income Tax and Finalizing reconciliation tax teams. These teams focus on processing current and delinquent tax payments, reviewing individual final tax returns, and provides processing support to Taxpayer Services. The supervisor's main priority is to ensure daily workflow coordination, managing team members training and human resource related matters. The successful candidate will understand priority matters, keep open communication with their immediate supervisor(s) and move any needs forward. Responsibilities
- Provide overall direction and support to team members
- Organize workflows to ensure that employees understand their duties and work efficiently
- Monitor employee productivity and provide necessary feedback and/or coaching
- Receive complaints and resolve problems and provide solutions
- Own the annual performance life cycle for your teams: establish goals, evaluate performance, provide feedback, and incorporate the information into overall metrics for the department.
- Utilize timekeeping system to track PTO time, schedules, lunches.
- Share information from upper management to employees and vice versa
- Emphasis on continuous process improvement
- Assess and plan for appropriate number of staff to meet objectives
- Assist in hiring and training new employees and/or temporary employees
- Ensure adherence to legal and company policies and procedures and undertake disciplinary actions if the need arises
- Performs other related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Experience: 5 + years of supervisory experience with demonstrated success managing teams, coaching individuals, and owning the performance evaluation process.
- 3+ years working in a lead role with demonstrated success leading teams through technology, process, and product change.
- Ability to learn a variety of tasks within your teams
- Ability to navigate through various departments
- Ability to proactively identify and evaluate issues and implement solutions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good knowledge of MS Office
- Demonstrated collaborative skills and ability to work well within a team
- Ability to work with and influence peers and management
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, and deadline-oriented environment