Business Unit: Change & Delivery, Data Driven
Salary: Up to circa £60,000 DOE
We've made good progress on our transformation into a digital bank. From launching new digital propositions for customers to embedding our new colleague proposition - A Life More Virgin, together we're creating something unique in UK banking. If we are to grow as a digital-first bank, we need to accelerate our digital agenda in a truly agile way.
Here's what it means for you:
• 38.5 days annual leave for all colleagues (including bank holidays and pro rata if part-time)
• Five extra paid well-being days per year
• A 35 hour working week
• 20 weeks paid, gender neutral family leave (52 weeks in total) for expectant parents and those looking to adopt
• Market leading Pension & Private Medical Insurance
• Flexible benefits including Cycle to Work, Wellness & Health Assessments and Critical Illness
• Ability to work anywhere in the UK (where the role allows)
And, you get these Red Hot Rewards from day one!
Our Change and Delivery (C&D) function are central to Virgin Money achieving its strategic goals. We deliver projects across all business areas: from delighting our customers with new digital features, through to satisfying our auditors and regulators with changes to data and reporting systems.
Our Purpose of 'Making you happier about Money' drives everything we do and requires us to continually adapt to the environment we operate in. For us that means - more agile, more efficient, more customer focused, but at the same time secure, safe, and resilient for our customers.
As a Data Technical Specialist, you will be part of the key Strategic & Advanced Analytics team, actively managing the data environment used for analytics, predictive modelling and customer communications.
It's a fast-paced, exciting, and creative time to work in a team where there's plenty of collaboration and engagement with our colleagues and customers. Like all Virgin businesses, we love to challenge the norm, so you'll need to be comfortable questioning the status quo.
You don't need to have every skill or experience on our list. So long as you have relevant experience and a passion to learn we can help you fill gaps and we'd love for you to get in touch.
Here's what you'll be doing:
• Developing and maintaining the Strategic & Advanced Analytics data mart
• Identifying and making improvements to the efficiency and reliability of the data environment
• Getting hands on with diverse ad-hoc requests and strategic projects from across the business
• Monitoring the success of automated data process jobs
• Problem solving and fixing issues when they arise
• Having a key say in what our future data landscape looks like
• Pro-active engagement with business stakeholders to identify priorities
We'd like you to have:
• Experience with automated data processes and handling large and varied datasets
• Hands-on SAS, SQL, Python or R programming skills
• A fresh, innovative, and creative mindset, with an interest in applying knowledge and ideas to the business's advantage
• A customer focus, with the ability to problem solve, both creatively and pragmatically
• A good attention to detail and desire to get things right
It's a bonus if you have (but not essential):
• Experience in managing an operational data environment used by multiple stakeholders
This role (probably) isn't for you if:
• This would be your first data development experience. We're a small high impact team at fast paced company so we need someone to be delivering impact from the start
• You want to focus on people leadership. You'll be managing that data environment, working on internal and external projects, and managing stakeholders' priorities, but the initial scope for this role is a team contributor that doesn't include people leadership
Inclusion at Virgin Money
Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do here at Virgin Money. It's good for you, it's good for us and it's amazing for our customers. We know that great minds don't think alike, so we rely on your diverse thoughts, feelings, beliefs and backgrounds to be the best we can possibly be. Got any questions about this or need some support with your application? We'd love to hear from you so get in touch with our careers team at .
Now the legal bit
Living A Life More Virgin allows our colleagues to be based anywhere in the UK (if the role allows it) but we will need to you to confirm you have the Right to Work in the UK.
If we offer you a job and you accept, there are some checks we need to complete before you can start with us. This will include a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing 3 years' worth of satisfactory references.