The Diagnostic Sonographer must demonstrate a thorough knowledge of anatomy, patient positioning and ultrasound imaging equipment. The technologist must demonstrate thorough knowledge and skill and understanding of image quality. Must be able to communicate to patients the nature of the tests and relieve their anxiety. Must demonstrate an understanding of Radiographic Positioning, Radiographic Technique, Radiation Safety, Imaging Equipment, Infection Control and Quality Control techniques. Assists in maintaining a work area free from hazards. Presents a pleasant and helpful manner to patients, physicians, subordinates and other members of the department staff. The diagnostic sonographer must perform routine diagnostic imaging studies, as needed. Must vary work schedule. The patient population of the Norton Healthcare system ranges from neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric. The diagnostic sonographer must provide services to all patients, families, and physicians serving this population. Required:
- One of: RDMS or ARRT (S) - Must obtain credential within one year of hire.
You may be eligible for some of our programs:
- Commuter: Sometimes you don't need or want to move to start a great career at Norton Healthcare. Commuter benefits may be available for you.
- Return Home: Have you recently left Norton Healthcare in the last three years and are interested in returning? Former employees may be eligible for new program benefits.
- Flexible Scheduling: Are you looking for a particular schedule, shift, or work hours? Flexible scheduling options are available for certain roles.
- Student Loan Repayment or Tuition Assistance: This program offers employees who are in key areas of workforce need student loan repayments to reduce their existing financial burden or tuition assistance for continuing education.
- Employee Referral: This program is designed to promote employee referrals for all roles across the organization especially those in key areas of workforce need. Be sure to list your referral source name on all your applications.