Shalom Austin is the hub of Jewish life in Central Texas. We are a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization comprised of the Jewish Community Center (JCC), Jewish Federation, Jewish Family Service (JFS), and the Jewish Foundation. The majority of our programming operates on 40 beautiful acres on the Dell Jewish Community Campus in the live music capital of the world weird Austin, Texas.
We are seeking a talented, strategic marketer with a passion for social and human services, storytelling, and connecting with community to fill the role of Digital Marketing Coordinator for Jewish Family Service, Volunteering and Adults 60+ departments of Shalom Austin. The departments work together to support, serve and provide meaningful and engaging programs to the community. The Digital Marketing Coordinator will create strategic marketing programs that tell our story and promote the mission and impact of Shalom Austin across all marketing channels to grow our social support services, volunteering and senior adult initiatives. This new position will be responsible for collaborating with and assisting those departments with digital marketing, content creation and editing, writing, website maintenance, social media coordination, event- and program-related support for various engagement efforts. They will also support the exciting launch of a new program area. This full-time, exempt position reports to the Senior Marketing & Communications Director. This position is hybrid, mostly remote, with occasional required in-person meeting and events.
Our great benefits:
- Well pay you an ANNUAL salary of $47,000-$50,000, based on experience.
- We offer outstanding medical insurance coverage through Blue Cross Blue Shield, and well pay 80% of the premium cost on your behalf.
- We provide life and long-term disability insurance, and we pay 100% of the cost for you.
- We will give you lots of paid time off. First-year employees receive: 18 days of paid time off, and more than 15 Jewish and Federal holidays.
- Well offer you up to a 50% discount for your kiddos in our amazing early childhood program, as enrollment allows.
- We will give you one free membership to the JCC.
- We understand that you need work/life balance and that you have commitments outside of the workplace, so well do our very best to offer you some flexibility in your work schedule.
- Well provide you with the opportunity to make a difference in the Central Texas Jewish community every day.
- Professional development opportunities
- Serve as the project manager on marketing/communications-related initiatives for Jewish Family Service, Volunteering and Adults 60
- Work closely with the Jewish Family Service, volunteering and adults 60+ teams to determine the needs of the departments and translate these needs into marketing materials that achieve goals
- Assist with creating strategic communications plans, marketing campaigns and targeted communications for a variety of audience segments to meet organizational objectives, in collaboration with the program teams and Senior Marketing & Communications Director
- Help develop and oversee the communications calendar to ensure timely execution of marketing initiatives
- Compose, proofread and edit marketing materials and business correspondence, reports and other written materials as assigned and in coordination with the departments and Senior Marketing & Communications Director including, but not limited to direct mail, e-solicitations, impact emails, newsletters, news releases, statements, etc.
- Collaborate with a designer to design materials promoting individual events, groups, missions, campaigns and other projects in various formats and across marketing channels, including but not limited to:
- promotional materials
- email blasts
- social media
- direct mail
- Implement SEO strategies to build social services, volunteering and Adults 60+ communities and promote engagement efforts, including keywords and Google Ads, to grow web traffic
- Update website content
- Work with the marketing team to maintain brand identity throughout all marketing materials
- Manage social media campaigns on a regular basis, including postings and boosting
- Assist in developing and adjusting audiences to drive digital and traditional campaigns
- Attend meetings and events as necessary
- Various administrative and research tasks to support the team as necessary
- Possess a BA/BS from an accredited college or university in marketing, advertising, communications or related field
- Minimum of 4 years of experience successfully serving in a marketing communications or related function, preferable in the non-profit or association sectors
- Outstanding writing skills to effectively communicate to a variety of audiences
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and manage multiple projects
- Willingness to work across departments to help build project teams
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills to work with professional staff, partners, designers, vendors, and others
- Ability to identify workload needs and develop accurate estimates for projects with reasonable timelines
- Proficient in Windows operating systems and software including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with CRM tools for email marketing, Google Analytics, Google AdWords, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
- Experience with database software such as Blackbaud a plus
- Familiarity with Wordpress and basic HTML/CSS a plus
- Experience in donor relations and donor communications strategies a plus
- Pass all required criminal history background checks (which may, depending on the position you are hired for, include an FBI fingerprint check).
- Adhere to our Mission, Core Values, and all HR policies and procedures.
What we care about:
Shalom Austin is a community-minded, inclusive organization. We are committed to creating and supporting a safe, welcoming and diverse workplace for all people regardless of race, religion, disability, gender or sexual orientation.
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is a condition of employment at Shalom Austin and required for all employees and independent contractors.
Shalom Austin Core Values:
- UNITY. You recognize the importance of one team that leverages resources, talents and expertise to achieve a common purpose.
- EXCELLENCE. You are committed to continualimprovement,and you consistently set new standards for success.
- RESPECT. You nurture your workplace through honesty, sincerity, and responsibility.
- CREATIVITY. You approach both opportunities and obstacles with a spirit of flexibility, thinking critically to achieve innovative solutions.
- INITIATIVE. You are a self-starter, driven to exceed expectations and claim a sense of ownership as you pursue your goals.
- KNOWLEDGE. You engage in continuous learning and actively seek opportunities that provide professional enrichment and personal fulfillment.
How to Apply
- You dont need to call us, just follow the link to apply.
- We promise well get in touch with you by phone or email.
Due to the high volume of applications received, we cannot respond to individual telephone inquiries about whether or not a position has been filled. Only applicants selected to move forward in the recruitment process will be contacted by phone; all other applicants will be notified by email.
Shalom Austin provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion , age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Although we are a Jewish organization, we welcome candidates of any or no religious affiliation to apply.
Powered by JazzHR