Have you heard? The Wills Group is Great Place to Work Certified ! We're proud of this achievement and our people who make greatness happen. Want to join a company that puts its people first? The Wills Group is seeking a Manager of Web & Digital Marketing to join our team!
Job Purpose and Function
The Digital Marketing Manager will be responsible for executing website, mobile and email marketing strategies intended to drive engagement, traffic, and revenue for Wills Group Retail Marketing brands: fuel, convenience, and car wash. With a customer-centric approach, this position will be responsible for developing and executing the CRM communication for loyalty launch. The manager will also lead content strategy; write/post copy for websites pages, recommend data-driven template and navigation updates; leverage SEO and paid advertising and assist business content owners with information architect design and content strategy to maximize marketing effectiveness.
The Digital Marketing Manager will develop and execute the strategy for all brands' email/ SMS marketing activities including designing and managing email marketing campaigns, and email personalization, testing, and measurement. The Digital Marketing Manager will be a self-starter with strategic and tactical capabilities and experience working with both creative and technology teams. The Digital Marketing Manager will convert website analysis into compelling insights and actionable recommendations.
Key Accountabilities (How You'll Make an Impact)
- Website Management
- Maintain and update web content and image files including writing unique content on CMS system for desktop and mobile.
- Analyze retail marketing brand website(s) architecture, content, linking and other factors to identify and execute initiatives to improve organic search visibility.
- Online Listings
- Responsible for managing and improving performance of online listings of 250+ locations to drive onsite conversion.
- Serve as an SEO subject matter expert, advising teams in marketing and other departments on current and future SEO trends and best practices.
- Apply knowledge and best keywords to enable strong performance.
- Monitor quality, click through rates and conversion rates across accounts.
- Identify low performing ads and placements and make changes necessary to maximize profit and volume.
- E-mail & SMS Marketing
- Develop and manage trigger email/ SMS campaigns using Salesforce Marketing Cloud tools throughout the customer lifecycle to maximize driving traffic to online and offline.
- Insights into Action
- Uses analytics to make site improvements, support growth initiatives and measure the effectiveness of web and digital channels.
- Copy/Content Writing & Editing
- Developing, writing, posting, and maintaining content for online presence.
- Technology Enablement
- Collaborate with IT and other vendors for support and resolution of technical issues.
- Ensure all functions of the system work effectively with all other applications, operating systems, legacy databases, and new Customer Data Platform.
- Project Management
- Assists with publicity project management, external communications, and provides consultations as needed.
- Competitor Analysis
- Monitor and analyze competitors and potential acquisition targets.
Required Qualifications and Skills (What We're Looking For)
- Bachelor's degree required, preferred areas of study include business, marketing and/or communications.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred; ability to demonstrate strong project management skills required.
Required Experience (What You Bring to the Table)
- 5+ years of progressive, related experience, including website management, SEO/SEM, PPC, email creation, deployment, and analytics reporting.
- Strong project management experience; experience coordinating efforts of cross-functional teams, delivering results, and meeting tight deadlines.
- Experience collaborating with multiple agencies (creative, technical, database, etc.); ability to influence people across roles and departments throughout the organization.
- Experience in the development of mobile application platforms, opt-in collection, and delivery of SMS/MMS/text programs and campaigns using Salesforce Marketing Cloud tools.
- Passion for and experience with websites and their vital role in the communications and marketing process.
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills; able to write engaging copy for e-communications (i.e., online promotions and content, etc.) which adhere to brand and voice guidelines.
- Experience managing digital marketing solutions and website personalization; familiarity with other digital marketing concepts, best practices, and processes.
- Technical marketing skills; experience in marketing technology, including Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Google Analytics, WordPress, and HTML.
- Experience in implementing integrated marketing plans and campaign execution.
- Creative/design sense respective to all digital properties.
- Experience in customer journey mapping and omni-channel experience optimization.
- Experience in customer segmentation, dynamic content, and testing methodologies (i.e., A/B, multivariate, etc.).
- Adapting and responding to change
- Working with people
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations
- Creating and innovating
- Planning and organizing
Environmental & Physical Requirements
- Ability to remain in stationary position for extended periods.
- Ability to transport a laptop and occasionally move or position boxes of materials up to 20 lbs.
- Ability to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with other employees and partners who seek or share company information. Must be able to exchange accurate information and express oneself in these situations.
Why You Should Join Wills Group
We are a $1.5 billion company headquartered in La Plata, Maryland (an easy 45-minute reverse commute from DC) with nearly 300 retail locations across the Mid-Atlantic region, including Dash In, Splash In ECO Car Wash, and SMO Motor Fuels. A family-owned company since 1926, our passion areas are in convenience retailing, fuels marketing, and commercial real estate and we pride ourselves on keeping our customers', employees', and communities' Lives in Motion.
Our Wills Group employees come to work for more than just a paycheck, but rather they come to learn, make contributions, make an impact, and feel valued as a part of our family-friendly culture. We have a work-hard, play-hard mentality that makes us a progressive company and we thrive on giving back to our community. That is what is core to our DNA.
Are you interested in flexible working hours, including telework opportunities, free parking, a modern work environment with monthly employee events, collaboration spaces, and café with unlimited soft drinks, coffee, and lattes? Then the Wills Group is just the place for you.
And we take pride in investing in our people's well-being. That's why we back our words with competitive total rewards packages.
- Financial Wellbeing -, employer 401 (k) match (currently at 7%), health savings plan, and financial planning
- Physical Wellbeing - comprehensive health, vision, and dental plans that meet the needs of our people
- Paid Time Off - Vacation, Sick, Personal, and Community Engagement, Parental Leave for new Dads and Moms
- Education and Development Opportunities - 100% Tuition reimbursement to support our people's education goals
- Competitive Salary - competitive pay matched to DC Metro area
- Annual Bonus Opportunity - 12.5%