You are a driven and motivated problem solver ready to pursue meaningful work. You strive to make an impact every day & not only at work, but in your personal life and community too. If that sounds like you, then you've landed in the right place.
Director and Asset Owner
The Hartfords Data and Analytics community continues to grow and were seeking an energetic and passionate Asset Owner (Director) to join our Group Benefits Claims Data Science Team in a key leadership position. The most prominent accountabilities of our Asset Owner team are Product Ownership, Business Development and Adoption. Asset Owners play a significant role building relationships with key stakeholders to develop evolution strategies, identify opportunities to intersect assets and capabilities with business yield and manage regular demand and prioritization. Implementation and adoption of these assets is a key success criterion for this role, which requires the development of marketing strategies and the on-going monitoring of the customer experience, adoption and evolving business priorities. The Asset Owner (Director) is a key partner to Claims Data Science leader in building a strategy to deliver consumable analytic solutions which meet the needs of the Claims organization while also advancing the Data Science Practice.
Strong communication skills are essential as Asset Owners interact with a wide variety of Hartford personnel at all levels including Claims and Operations Management, Business leaders, Data Scientists, Business Intelligence Analysts, Actuaries and Information Technology experts.
- Build strong partnerships with business customers as a key point of contact.
- Defining the why, what, and when of the deliverables that the technical team will build.
- Lead a cross-functional team driving product inception through to its launch.
- Collaborate with Data Scientists and Engineers on approaches to business opportunities
- Drive the identification of Minimum Viable Product Delivery to derive business value early in development cycle
- Identify opportunities to leverage cross-functional Data Science assets
- Quality control including the documentation and to ensure review processes are in place.
- Lead updates to current products to ensure consistent, quality delivery to meet evolving circumstances
- Build customer artifacts to support adoption including documentation and insight briefs
- Communicate and influence audiences of various levels and diverse backgrounds
- Present solution and approach to technical and non-technical audiences
- Create and publish standard artifacts and playbook for deployments, including the technology solution and the operational model
Experience & Skills
- Bachelors degree or Masters degree in related field, specialized training, or equivalent work experience supporting analytical and/or technical projects
- 5+ years of experience in supporting analytic research, product ownership or technical development in Insurance or related field, strong knowledge of operational flow and data delivery.
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently, and to set priorities to meet business objectives
- Ability to enunciate trades and opportunity cost to meet given objectives
- Ability to influence and work both independently and in a team environment
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities of various key customers at the leadership level
- Strong combination of communication and problem-solving skills with the ability to listen to customer needs and translate into actionable solutions
- Requires fluent skills in the Microsoft suite particularly Excel, Word & PowerPoint
- Familiarity with IT development concepts and Agile software development lifecycle is a plus
The listed annualized base pay range is primarily based on analysis of similar positions in the external market. Actual base pay could vary and may be above or below the listed range based on factors including but not limited to performance, proficiency and demonstration of competencies required for the role. The base pay is just one component of The Hartfords total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include short-term or annual bonuses, long-term incentives, and on-the-spot recognition. The annualized base pay range for this role is:
$134,560 - $201,840
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
About Us () Culture & Employee Insights () Diversity, Equity and Inclusion () Benefits ()
Director, Asset Owner - GF06AE