PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Responsible for driving a non-CDL van/truck to deliver to customers. Ensures accuracy of all paperwork related to the job. Responsible for safety of crewmembers, fellow employees, and the public while operating company vehicles and/or supervising/performing any company activity. PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions. PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Delivers and picks up products from customers including but not limited to, home patients, clinics, and hospitals.
- Communicate effectively with, but not limited to, co-workers, management, vendors, and customers (home patients).
- Ensures good customer relations by consistently delivering orders on time and behaving with integrity in a courteous and professional manner.
- Takes note of and possibly resolves customer complaints. Reports all issues and complaints to distribution center staff or customer service for remediation. Observes and reports any pertinent issues at customer sites.
- May set up product and/or place product on shelves or racks at customer sites.
- Performs all duties and functions safely and in accordance with company and OSHA standards and guidelines.
- When delivering, performs rotation and inventory checks of existing product when directed to do so.
- Obtains customer signatures for pickups (RGA's) and deliveries.
- Adheres to all federal and state specific DOT regulations including, but not limited to GVW (Gross Vehicle weight).
- Identifies and recommends options for route improvements to management as appropriate.
- Vehicle related responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performing pre and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle. Identify problems and address appropriately.
- May perform routine maintenance on Non-CDL van/truck.
- Unloading and loading of freight as required according to specified procedures and regulations.
- Maintain a clean van/truck.
- Participates in monthly/quarterly/annual training for Good Manufacturing Practices, Health & Safety, and Compliance (both corporate and DPD-specific).
- Remains updated with all annually revised regulatory standards.
- Operates material-handling equipment safely and efficiently according to established procedures as required.
- Fulfills assigned tasks in warehouse and/or office when necessary.
- May refer to senior staff for assistance with day-to-day problems that may arise.
- Escalates issues to supervisor for resolution, as deemed necessary.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Heavy work with frequent lifting and carrying of objects 25 -75 pounds on a repetitive basis required. Some deliveries may require carrying product up multiple flights of stairs.
- Requires extended periods of sitting, standing, and walking. Operation of van/truck may average 6 to 11 hours per day.
High School Diploma, GED or equivalent work experience required. EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
- 0 - 1 years of related experience.
- Ability to learn functionality and operate on-board computers, paperless DOT logs and/or electronic capture applications.
- Must possess and maintain a satisfactory driving record.
- Ability to operate material handling equipment.
- Experience with on-board computers, paperless DOT logs.
- Strong communication skills and a professional demeanor at all times.
- Strong customer service skills.