Business Unit Description:
Michael Foods, Inc. is a leader in the food processing and distribution industry with business in egg products, refrigerated grocery and potato products. We offer exciting job possibilities throughout our organization where you can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact. Join our company and be part of an innovative team that's First in Food.
Michael Foods, Inc. located in Lenox, Iowa and often called the "Pearl of the Prairie" is where you can find small town living, focused on family and friends, with big city amenities not far from reach in Des Moines, Omaha, and Kansas City. Located in southwest Iowa, Taylor county, with a population of around 1400, the Lenox area reaches far beyond the city limits with beautiful and productive fields of corn, beans, and other croplands. Lenox holds an amazing four day Rodeo every July and is home to a beautiful 36-9 hole golf course, several fishing and boating lakes, great area hunting, a beautiful city park with swimming pool, and many picnic parks. The MFI location in Lenox produces primarily pre-cooked egg patties. With its friendly atmosphere, safe environment, and progressive spirit, Lenox is a great place to live, work, play, and raise a family.
Repair, install and troubleshoot refrigeration systems throughout the plant.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain and troubleshoot programmable logic controls and general wiring.
- RS view plus.
- RS logics 500 circuits.
- Understanding low voltage circuits.
- Knowledge of computer ladder logic programming.
- Good computer skills.
- Understanding circuit boards and repairing.
- Work closely with production supervisors on day to day field device problems.
- Calibrate and maintain all flow meters, metal detectors, level and pressure sensors.
- Support management on estimating all cost on upgrading or adding to control systems.
- Maintain and troubleshoot plant network issues.
- Maintain and troubleshoot all ladder logic, control logic and HMI software related issues.
- Maintain and troubleshoot computers related to machine automation.
- Maintain and troubleshoot all control and device issues related to utilities processes such as air handlers, boilers, freezers, and chillers.
- Adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP's, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained. Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures.
- Ensures regulatory compliance at all times
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively interact with others.
- Strategic planning
- Good mechanical aptitude.
- Must be available for weekend work on an as needed basis.
- Physically able to lift up to 50 lbs up to 80 lbs occasionally.
- Able to stand on hard surface most of shift.
- Highly developed analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to stoop, bend, and/or crawl.
- Must successfully pass Electronic TPC Module 8.
- Must be self-motivated and work with minimal supervision
EDUCATION AND EXPEREINCE REQUIRED:
Associate's degree (AA) or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
Ability to add, subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10s and 100s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and distances.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.