Job title: Economist
A fantastic opportunity has opened for an Economist to join an award winning consultancy on a permanent basis. This position is in Manchester.
- Preparing and influencing economic, planning, property, regeneration, and infrastructure development strategy, policy and research at national, regional and local levels.
- Establishing the economic, financial and business cases for projects and programmes, including major proposals and estate/property initiatives.
- Carrying out social and economic impact assessments, for example as part of the formal environmental impact assessment (EIA) process.
- Support the development of new business opportunities in the field of economic consultancy as opportunities arise.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:-
- Manage data and analysis for medium and small sized projects
- Work with as a close knit team to secure workload
- Measure profitable assignments
You will need the following Skills, Knowledge And Experience:-
- Numerical and analytic skills,
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Thrives under pressure, can work to tight deadlines
- A good knowledge of micro-economics principles and concepts, feasibility studies and business plans, and ability to effectively apply this knowledge to the team's areas of work.
- Experience in successfully helping to deliver projects to budget and programme (essential)
- A degree in economics, town planning, geography, property surveying, or a related discipline, or equivalent experience
If you are interested in this role then please call Katy on and forward your CV to