Duke University Hospital is consistently rated as one of the best in the United States and is known around the world for its outstanding care and groundbreaking research. Duke University Hospital has 957 inpatient beds and offers comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic facilities, including a regional emergency/trauma center; a major surgery suite containing 51 operating rooms; an endo-surgery center; an Ambulatory Surgery Center with nine operating rooms and an extensive diagnostic and interventional radiology area. In fiscal year 2018, Duke University Hospital admitted 42,916 patients and had 1,085,740 outpatient visits in fiscal year 2017.
U.S News & World Report named Duke University Hospital in North Carolina and in the Raleigh-Durham area in 2018-19.
Duke University Hospital is ranked in the top 20 nationally for seven adult specialties, including cardiology and heart surgery, nephrology, ophthalmology, orthopedics, pulmonology, rheumatology, and urology.
In addition to its hospitals, Duke Health has an extensive, geographically dispersed network of outpatient facilities that include primary care offices, urgent care centers, multi-specialty clinics and outpatient surgery centers.
Duke Nursing Highlights:
- Duke University Health System is designated as a Magnet organization
- Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognized each year as North Carolinaâ€ s Great 100 Nurses.
- Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
- Duke University Health System has 6000 + registered nurses
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
- Relocation Assistance!
Independently plan and provide professional nursing care for patients in Board of Nursing. accordance with the scope of the RN as defined by the North Carolina accordance with physician orders and established policies and procedures. Provide nursing services to patients and families in Nurses hired into this limited benefited classification will commit to work a minimum number of hours. Clinical Nurse- FP, PRN will be assigned to the Internal Staffing Resource Pool and will float the multiple areas. Compensation is a flat rate that is based on years of experience.
Plan, provide, supervise and document professional nursing care Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein. Participate in own professional development by maintaining required Monitor and initiate corrective action to maintain the environment of unlicensed care providers. Delegate tasks and supervise the activities of other licensed and learners. Act as preceptor and support the development of other staff and formal Assist other nursing personnel in the delivery of nursing care and act patient's baseline needs and response to care. competencies, identifying learning needs and seeking appropriate care including equipment and material resources. as assigned. utilizing the nursing process for patients in accordance with physician orders and established policies and procedures. Use professional nursing judgment to individualize the plan of care based on assessment of the as team leader or charge nurse for a group of patients or an entire unit assistance or educational offerings. Participate in the identification of clinical or operational performance improvement opportunities and in performance improvement activities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of scope of the registered nurse, licensed practical precautions regulatory requirements interventions, evaluation and re-evaluation of patient status healthcare team, physicians, administrators, leadership and others and/or paper documentation tools nurse and NCA - Knowledge of and appropriate application of the nursing process - Knowledge of professional theory, practice and procedure - Abilityto assess nursing needs of acute and chronically ill patients and their families - Able to independently seek out resources and work collaboratively - Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships - Able to communicate clearly with patients, families, visitors, - Able to teach patients and families in accordance with the nursing plan of care - Able to use sensory and cognitive functions to process and prioritize information, treatment, and follow-up - Able to use fine motor skills - Competent in BLS and/or other specialized life support requirements designated by work area - Able to record activities, document assessments, plan of care, - Able to use computer and learn new software programs - Able to document and communicate pertinentinformation using computer - Able to navigate the entity to provide clinical care for patients - Able to withstand prolonged standing and walking - Able to remain focused and organized - Working knowledge of procedures and techniques involved in administering routine and special treatments to patients -Working knowledge of infection control procedures and safety - Working knowledge and completion of appropriate JCAHO and other
Work requires graduation from an accredited BSN or Associate's Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma program. All registered nurses without a Bachelor's degree in Nursing (or higher) will be requiredto enroll in an appropriate BSN program within two years of their start date and to complete the program within five years of their start date.
2 years of appropriate clinical experience required.
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
Must have current or compact RN licensure in the state of North Carolina. BLS required.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas-an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.