About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Cost Supervisor to join our Rail team to work in Preston.
What you'll be doing
- To provide professional Site support services to project teams on site to support effective operational delivery;
- To provide consistent, effective and efficient Site Support services in accordance with Balfour Beatty policies.
As an Assistant Cost Supervisor, your main responsibilities are as follows:
Who we're looking for
- Process payroll transactions for blue collar workers;
- Process plant transactions, catalogue call offs, material receipts/GRN processing, invoice query resolution;
- Ensure that all transactions are posted in a timely manner;
- Assist with resolution of payroll queries;
- Ensure that site support processes are consistently and rigorously applied across all projects in line with company policies;
- Live the Balfour Beatty Values;
- Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm.
The following qualities and experience are essential:
- Experience of performing a site admin role working across multiple sites in a construction or rail environment;
- The ability to work with people at various levels both internally within Balfour Beatty and externally and apply and comply with the Balfour Beatty site support procedures;
- Experience of payroll processing, receipting and invoice processing.
The following qualities and experience are desirable:
Why work for us
- A working knowledge of Oracle (or equivalent ERP cost management module) and Kronos time recording system;
- An understanding of construction and rail working rule agreements.
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on. About us
Balfour Beatty Rail Limited is an international leader in rail infrastructure engineering projects and the UK's largest rail engineering and services provider. We offer a full range of rail infrastructure activities from high-speed rail to mass rapid transit, covering urban, rural and commuter routes, for both public and private railways.
We operate according to our Build to Last Values of Lean, Expert, Trusted, Safe and Sustainable.
We support each other to deliver and succeed, placing equal value on all perspectives by embracing diversity and inclusion. Together we deliver powerful new solutions, collaborating with governments, our customers and partners to shape thinking, create skylines and inspire a new generation of talent to be the change-makers of tomorrow.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.