Grafton Banks Finance are currently working with a well respected commercial company with offices just outside of Uckfield, East Sussex to recruit a Financial Reporting Accountant/ Payroll professional on a full time permanent basis. Reporting into the Group Financial Controller you will be responsible for assisting with the preparation of the monthly payroll, monthly by person costs reporting and annual budgeting processes for the business.
On a day to day basis you will be responsible for:
- Preparation of the monthly payroll submission and posting the monthly payroll journals for multiple entities as appropriate.
- Calculate & post the monthly Bonus Provision journal.
- Reconciling all posted payroll costs to the nominal ledger and prepare the payroll monthly "By Person" payroll reconciliations and other associated month end payroll control reconciliations.
- Playing a leading role with compilation of the annual budget process in respect of all "people generated costs" and associated reporting
- Monthly & Annual P46/P11d reporting as appropriate
- Pensions' administration, reconciliation & payment preparation
- Assist with the administration of the Company's car fleet including acquisition and disposal of Company provided vehicles
- HR interface as appropriate.
- Preparation of new starter/leaver documentation & processes
- Maintenance and assisting with providing developmental support of SagePeople HR system.
- Key liaison point in the annual audit process ensuring all supporting schedules and evidence are completed and submitted.
- Maintenance of internal/external databases.
- Ensure that the monthly payrolls are submitted for processing in line with the requirements of the Company's payroll bureaus.
- Aim to process all payrolls with a 100% accuracy ensuring no errors in gross and net pay to all employees.
- Ensure that all payroll costs are reconciled and posted in line with the monthly management accounts timetable.
- Ensure the annual audit is completed on time and without delay
The successful candidate will be ideally AAT/CAT qualified or have 5 year QBE experience in a Finance or Accountancy related environment. You will need to be Well-developed with IT such as Excel, Word & other MS Office suite products. You will need to be Methodical, numerate and accurate with a high attention to detail and outputs to be presented to a high standard, with the ability to resolve problems and work under own initiative. For your experience you will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package. This job is working 4 days in office and Fridays from home.