Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours.
Tracing our roots to 1928, Wellington Management Company, LLP is one of the worlds largest independent investment management firms. With more than US$1.4 trillion in assets under management as of 31 December 2021, we serve as a trusted adviser to institutional clients and mutual fund sponsors in over 60 countries. Our innovative investment solutions are built on the strength of proprietary, independent research and span the global capital markets, including equity, fixed income, multi-asset, and alternative strategies. As a private partnership whose sole business is investment management, our long-term views and interests are aligned with those of our clients. We are committed to attracting a talented and diverse workforce, and to fostering an open, collaborative, and inclusive culture because we believe multiple perspectives lead to more informed investment and business decisions. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome people with diverse life experiences, fresh ideas, and specialized subject-matter expertise. THE POSITION
As part of the continued expansion of our global investment platform, we are currently seeking to recruit a Fixed Income Credit Analyst to join High Yield Credit Research team. This individual will focus primarily on North American and/or global credits, and will be responsible for following several industries in the high yield market, and for providing fundamental credit research on the bond and loan issuers within them. As an active member of the High Yield/Bank Loan team, s/he will be fully integrated into the investment process and expected to provide investment recommendations that add value to client portfolios, as well as to shape portfolio management decisions. In addition, High Yield Credit Analysts regularly interact and collaborate with other investment professionals at the firm including other Credit Analysts, Equity Analysts, ESG Analysts, Portfolio Managers, Traders, and Macro Strategists. The specific coverage assignment for the successful candidate will be determined as part of the interview process. ESSENTIAL SKILLS The following essential skills are required for the role:
- Investment acumen and passion --- we are seeking a High Yield CreditAnalyst whoispassionate aboutmarkets, research, andinvestingin fixed income. The ideal candidate willpossessstronganalytical skills,attentionto detail and aquantitative orientation.Additionally,theability to makeinvestment decisions thataresupportedby rigorous analysis, often with incomplete information, andcommunicatedwithstrong convictionis required; experience analyzing securities acrossthecapitalstructure.
- Superior collaboration and influencing skills --- the successfulcandidate will enjoycontributingto a highly collaborativeinvestment environmentand will embracethebenefitsofoverlapping linesofidea generation.S/hewill buildstrong,trustingrelationships internally with colleagues, and externally withcompanymanagement teams. The ability toprovideapointofview and challengethestatusquois critical, as isthehumility to admit mistakes and a desire to learn fromothers.S/he mustrecognizethebenefitsofdiverse perspectives. The ability tocommunicate(bothverbally and in writing) action-orientedinvestmentrecommendations clearly and withconviction, and tocontributeto anopeninvestmentdialogue, isimportant.
- Intellectual curiosity, capacity for differentiated thinking, and a growth mindset --- theflexibility andopennesstocontinuelearning,evolvingand growing as a High Yield Credit analyst andinvestor. S/hewillhavea global perspective and creative approach forthinking about innovation,andthe evolution ofinvesting.
- 8-10 yearsof experience in a related role, including previous credit research experience (ideally across more than one industry) in highly-leveraged credit markets;
- High level of initiative, and experience developing and implementing value-added investment recommendations;
- Comfort dealing with uncertainty, and an ability to take risk and try new things;
- Ability to set priorities and execute a research agenda;
- Independence of thought, an entrepreneurial nature, and a global perspective;
- Strong academic credentials: advanced degree/CFA/CAIA are additive though not required.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Thats ok. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply and welcome a chance to review your background. We are dedicated to building and maintaining a diversified workforce and considering a broad array of candidates with a variety of skill, workplace experiences, and backgrounds. As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to r ace, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at .