Food Safety OfficerCamdenFull-time contract2-Month contract£29/HourBackground in food safety is mandatory. Working pattern is 36 hours Monday to Friday.Responsibilities:
- To carry out inspections, re-inspections and surveys and to be responsible for the investigation, enforcement and manage a more complex caseload.
- To prepare and serve Statutory Notices and take enforcement action in line with the Council's strategy and departmental enforcement policies.
- To report and/or advise where statutory action is not appropriate and to initiate prosecutions for failure to comply with statutory instruments where appropriate.
- To consult/negotiate with developers, landlords, contractors, business and other clients as appropriate, to ensure progress of casework.
- To carry out site visits, surveys, inspections and to attend Public Inquiries, courts of law, and tribunals.
- To prepare priced specifications, give advice and check legal notices drafted by more junior colleagues.
- To be responsible for project/policy or areas of expertise.
- To have good observational and investigation skills; and the ability to carry out inspections, at times outside normal core working hours.
- Ability To Manage A Caseload.
- Previous experience in similar role.
- Good working knowledge of relevant legislation and codes of practice.
- Good Customer Service Skills.
- The ability to keep accurate records for official use.
- Possess a valid Certificate of Registration with the Environmental Health Officers Registration Board.
- Must have up to date food safety competencies in place to work in this post.
For more information please call Tom on or email