If you wish to further develop your career with one of the most successful logistics organizations we are looking for a new Foreign Trade Zone Consultant. This is an excellent opportunity to join our Customs team.
Reporting to the Regional Customs Consulting Manager, you will manage compliance and provide import administration and control within government rules and regulations on foreign trade zone operations. Work with internal and external customers, freight forwarders, customs officers, and other departments to ensure customs admission and entry for goods into an out of a Foreign Trade Zone. Manage all reporting and accounting tasks related to the warehouse inventory, billing and the remittance and collection of funds.
- Manage appropriate customs declarations related to inbounds, permit to transfer, admissions and entries.
- Manage daily inventory reconciliation processes with A400 system and resolve discrepancies.
- Manage commercial documentation against shipment receipts to determine shortages or overages.
- Manage a team of FTZ staff with a towards increased profitability and efficiency.
- Meet with existing clients to perform an initial assessment, discuss goals and strategize methods for improvement.
- Manage the preparation of annual inventory reconciliation and FTZ reports.
- Maintain an awareness of loss prevention, security, and safety by following all procedures.
- You will assist with campaigns, brand development, and data review.
Your Skills and Experiences
- 10+ years of leadership experience in Foreign Trade Zones.
- Bachelor's degree in Logistics or related field.
- Sales knowledge, comfortable working directly with customers and Kuehne+Nagel Inc. sales.
- Working knowledge related to Foreign Trade Zones, which may include Customs Brokerage, international regulatory compliance, other agency filings.
- Licensed U.S. Customs Broker.
- Must be proficient in English.
- Knowledge of customs regulations, FTZ Board Regulations and the Harmonized Schedule is required.
Good Reasons to Join
We offer a great compensation package, medical, dental, and retirement benefits package, employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, excellent training programs and a dynamic global work environment. At Kuehne+Nagel we strive daily to Inspire, Empower and Deliver not only to our customers but collages.