General Manager- CA
REQ ID: 74025
STORE: Lake Forest (CA20625)
Lake Forest, CA, US, 92630
At MOD, we believe that we are often shaped by our experiences and especially by the people who have influenced us along the way. Leaders at MOD are the role models for the Squad. Through their actions, leaders demonstrate how our beliefs guide their behavior. As a leader, you are responsible for preparing your Squad for success. A leader is someone who puts people first, embraces our platform of pizza to make impacts and focuses on building character traits, not just the operational skills of their employees. Being a leader at MOD means being a mentor, serving others by preparing and empowering them to take the reins of their own lives.
We believe if we treat our people right, our people will take care of our customers, and our business will thrive. It all boils down to our purpose: MOD exists to serve people, in order to contribute to a work that works for and includes everyone. Are you ready to lead with MOD?
- Competitive pay plus incentives
- Training and education at work
- Opportunities for career development and promotion
- Access to employee support
- Medical, dental, vision benefits
- Paid parental leave
- Sick days, paid vacation
- Free meal per shift
- 50% off when dining with guests when off shift
- Awesome MOD swag: t-shirts, bandanas, stickers, etc.
- Demonstrates servant leadership to your Squad
- Exhibit Grit, Growth, Generosity, and Gratitude
- Embraces a growth mindset for continuous improvement and change management
- Builds important connections with their Squad and customers
- Exemplifies the attitude of taking care of our Squad so they can focus on taking care of each other and our customers
- Manages with the integrity, honesty, and respect that promote the culture, performance standards, and values of MOD
- Cultivates a positive learning environment through clear, respectful mentorship and feedback to MOD Squad Members and Squad in training; addresses individual motivation, needs, concerns, and provides recognition
- Keeps Squad inspired and motivated during peak volumes; problem solves in a dynamic, high pressure environment
- Utilizes operational tools to plan and achieve excellence in their store: interviewing/hiring, labor scheduling and management, business review with District/Market Manager, cash and inventory management
- Communicates effectively; ensures all pertinent information is provided to the MOD Squad as directed by the District/Market Manager
- Creates a culture and environment that meet the needs of Squad members and customers leading to a more successful business
- Serve your MOD Squad by actively overseeing, inspiring, and challenging MOD Squad members by holding them accountable for:
o Building community
o Enhancing and maintaining an engaging store culture
o Delivering quality products
o Building customer loyalty through delivering MOD experiences
- 2+ years of management experience and/or college education in Business or related field
- Experience in a retail or restaurant environment
- Desire to lead with courage and the willingness to put the needs of others ahead of your own
- Ability to create a safe environment while holding your team accountable to be their best
- Experience successfully training, developing, and leading teams
- Strong communication skills
- High level of integrity and accountability
- Problem-solving abilities in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with labor management/schedule creation and inventory management
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Some college education in Business or related field
- High school education or GED
- Desire to learn and growth with a high-growth company committed to serving others
As a member of our Squad, you will be working in a kitchen environment, rotating between front and back of house. This requires walking, bending, twisting, reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching, pushing and pulling to handle or move objects weighing up to 50 pounds. You will also be asked to operate hand-held appliances and simple kitchen equipment (industrial can opener, dough press, industrial dishwasher, etc.). Depending on the location, you may need to go up and down stairs. The ability to communicate and exchange information with coworkers and others is also required. The ability to comply with all public health requirements, including wearing a mask, is required.
High noise levels due to operations, customers and overhead music (including, but not limited to, rock, punk and alternative)
May be indoor or outdoor setting depending on store (varied weather conditions are expected); including delivering order curbside to the customer
Will work near moving or mechanical parts
Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays and extended hours as business dictates
Must be authorized to work in the United States
Want to help us spread MODness? Apply today!
This Job Description is not intended to be all-inclusive. We all may be assigned other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
MOD Pizza is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The full statement is available on the career site.
Key words: Restaurant General Manager, GM, Store Manager, General Manager, Assistant General Manager, AGM, Assistant GM, Assistant Store Manager, Kitchen Manager, Bar Manager, Shift Manager, Shift Lead, Restaurant Manager, Operations Manager, Team Leader, Team Lead, BOH Manager, Assistant Manager, Store Leader, Restaurant Leader, Retail Manager
- Free meal each shift (50% off when dining with guests - off shift)
- Access to employee support & development
- Awesome MOD swag: t-shirts, bandanas, stickers, etc.
Giving back is part of the MOD culture.
Throughout the year, you and other MOD Squad members have opportunities to give back to the community - what we call "Spreading MODness." This includes participating in fundraisers, packing meals for families struggling with hunger, and sponsoring other activities in your area.
We offer access to emergency support programs to help MOD Squad Members in need. Anyone can apply to access the Bridge Fund, which offers assistance when an unexpected hardship occurs. It's MODs helping MODs.
Nearest Major Market:Orange CountyNearest Secondary Market:Los Angeles Job Segment: Kitchen, Market Manager, Hospitality, Sales