Work Styles at Zoom
In most cases, you will have the opportunity to choose your preferred working location from the following options when you join Zoom: in-person, hybrid or remote. Visit this page for more information about Zoom's Workstyles () .
Zoomies help people stay connected so they can get more done together. We set out to build the best video product for the enterprise, and today help people communicate better with products like Zoom Contact Center, Zoom Phone, Zoom Events, Zoom Apps, Zoom Rooms, and Zoom Webinar.
Were problem-solvers, working at a fast pace to design solutions with our customers and users in mind. Here, youll work across teams to deliver impactful projects that are changing the way people communicate and enjoy opportunities to advance your career in a diverse, inclusive environment.
This position offers you the opportunity to join our rapidly growing organization. Were looking for people with initiative, autonomy, and leadership to optimize both process and delivery around our platform.
In this role, the candidate will be a key member of our Infrastructure Ops Leadership team. The NOC Manager will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operational functions of Zooms Global NOC teams. The role includes direct supervisory management of Zooms Global NOC Engineers from customer service, technical, and career development perspectives. The NOC Manager will be responsible for ensuring that the global NOC engineering team delivers at, or otherwise achieves all performance metrics defined for Zooms Video conference platform while meeting or Exceeding SLAs. The Global NOC Manager will serve as the escalation point for all service-related incidents.
- Hire, develop, retain talents by continuously pushing subject matter expertise, promoting inclusivity, leading by example, and mindfulness
- Continuously expanding the Global NOC work-scope to include Tier 1 and Tier 2 types work
- Set expectations appropriately throughout the troubleshooting process
- Troubleshoot and resolve time-sensitive incidents while following Zooms Standard Operating Procedures and Best Practices
- Demonstrate the correct level of urgency while resolving incidents
- Understand and appropriately apply available vendor support process
- Produce efficient resolution to technical incidents
- Effectively communicate with key stakeholders on critical service issues
- Ensure the oversight, organization, and motivation of all the team members of the Global NOC
- Build, develop, and lead a (possibly remote) team of technical NOC resources
- Perform/coordinate bi-annual disaster recovery tests
- Responsibility for Incident Management, Problem Management, Monitoring Response, and Reporting/Metrics.
- Build, develop, and lead problem management processes to ensure long-term network performance and stability.
- Lead recovery team for Network and Platform outages and prepare post-mortem root-cause-analysis throughout the Zooms platform
- Fifteen (15) or more years of full-time related experience in Networks/Systems and Data Center Operations, to include eight (8) or more years of full-time related experience in a management role.
- Ability to work in a 24x7x365 department
- Excellent practical knowledge of private and public cloud distributed environments
- Excellent practical knowledge of CDN management and monitoring
- Self-driven improvement and welcomes new challenges
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. Zoom is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records and any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a medical condition, or if you need assistance accessing our website or completing the application process, please let us know by emailing us at .
Zoom requires all U.S. employees who will work in person at a Zoom office, attend in-person Zoom meetings or have in-person customer meetings to be fully vaccinated. Zoom will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons as required under applicable law.
At Zoom, we care about our employees, their families, and their well-being. As part of our award-winning workplace culture and commitment to delivering happiness, our benefits program offers a variety of perks, benefits, and options to help employees maintain their physical, mental, emotional, and financial health; support work-life balance; and contribute to their community in meaningful ways. To view our benefits, click here () .
- Hear from our leadership team (://youtu.be/7i2o_tszj5g__;!!K5ATeMLGHIlgtw!N_9bFG2WvSVHNjvQfjuOpRN_CRuOAVcjK-OUBF5KymSi-XOFAnfRCVoBcyNhxGRFJi6P$)
- Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
- Visit our Blog ()
- Zoom with us!
- Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram ()
- View more jobs, sign up for job alerts and join our talent community. Visit the Zoom careers site () .