Health Care Consultant - Revenue Billing Specialist Description
We are currently seeking a Revenue Cycle Consultant for our Health Care Consulting practice. The Consultant will be performing Revenue Cycle Reviews for various healthcare provider organizations including; clinics, hospitals, and medical group practices.
Individuals who thrive at Moss Adams exhibit the following success skills Collaboration, Critical Thinking, Emotional Intelligence, Executive Presence, Growth Mindset, Intellectual Curiosity, and Results Focus. Responsibilities:
- Participating in patient financial services assessments for clients to evaluate patient registration, billing and collections processes, systems functionality and accounts receivable metrics.
- Conducting client interviews and meetings to understand current state billing/EHR systems, operational processes, and workflows.
- Supporting in the evaluation of the design and effectiveness of current revenue cycle operations including analysis of client data for trends and issues.
- Assisting in development and/or implementation of recommendations for optimizing revenue cycle operations.
- Coordinating activities involving developing deliverables, process review work papers, and other supporting process documentation.
- Developing and maintaining effective client relationships.
- Bachelors Degree in relevant discipline (e.g., Business, Finance, Accounting or Health Care Related Field).
- General Knowledge of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), CMS regulations, and other industry-relevant compliance requirements.
- General understanding of healthcare provider financial operations, including hospitals, physician practices, and other health care organizations.
- Professional competence in the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- In-depth analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including documentation of findings and recommendations.
- Great listening skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Travel as needed
Moss Adams is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law. Moss Adams complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact . Primary Location
- 2 years experience in a healthcare provider setting in patient financial services, billing and coding, patient registration, business office or patient accounting department.
- Knowledge of key healthcare provider processes in one or more areas including, but not limited to: patient registration, charge capture, billing, collections, medical records, payer contracts, denial management and financial operations.
- Experience with EHR, claims/billing, and patient accounting systems such as EPIC, Cerner, Centricity, Athena, etc.
Phoenix, AZ Other Locations
Napa, CA, Pasadena, CA, Woodland Hills, CA, San Diego, CA, Bellingham, WA, Walnut Creek, CA, El Segundo, CA, San Francisco, CA, Issaquah, WA, Everett, WA, Remote, Tri-Cities, WA, Seattle, WA, Santa Rosa, CA, Albuquerque, NM, Salinas, CA, Overland Park, KS, Spokane, WA, Irvine, CA, Eugene, OR, Plano, TX, Tacoma, WA, Wenatchee, WA, Medford, OR, Dallas, TX, Yakima, WA, Stockton, CA, Silicon Valley, CA, Sacramento, CA, Portland, OR, Fresno, CA, Houston, TX Employee Status:
Full Time Req ID: