We have an exciting opportunity to join our Health and Safety team, based in Nottingham covering both our Midlands and Leeds depots.
Our depots are a combination of both warehouse and office space, allowing you to have a varied role.
As a Health and Safety Facilities Executive you will be key to making us better and ensuring the working environments are both compliant and a great place to work for all as part of an established and growing business.
You will be responsible for delivering complete statutory, regulatory, legal, and industry specific policy, safety and training compliance within an established group framework in accordance with ISO45001.
Working with the site management and central safety teams, you will assist in developing individual site safety practice and wider network safety strategy.
You will be devising and implementing site safety meetings, campaigns, toolbox talks, and referenced documentation for colleagues including senior management, as well as championing our environmental efforts.
You will manage the sites efforts in incident investigation, reporting, and close out, whilst also identifying root causes and developing control measures and management strategies.
To excel in this Health and Safety Facilities Executive role, should be conversant with all related company policy and current safety theory, whilst maintaining an awareness of new ideas drawn from industry best practice or legislative changes.
Health and Safety Facilities Executive responsibilities:
- Provide support to site management to facilitate SHE training and assessment requirements, including planning and delivery within agreed timescales, in line with company policy and national standards
- Act as the focus point for all site training, collating all training records and supporting the maintenance of accurate evidence of training and associated data on Whistl My Academy and other internal systems
- Work closely with the central safety team to develop and implement national safety policy and safety campaigns
- Be a visible presence in all aspects of site activities. Promote a positive safety culture within the sites
- Ensure control of contractors, sub-contractors, and job registration, liaise with site administration for facilities management
- Lead site efforts in housekeeping, duty of care, and adherence to company health and safety policies
- Control the implementation and adherence to company environmental and energy policies, continually seeking opportunities for improvement
- Carry out regular checks to ensure that all site areas are adhering to company SOPs
- Lead process improvements and subsequent maintenance in line with company "OperTune" ideology
- Utilise Whistl H&S, ISO Accreditations, local site, and Process Owner Group reporting packs to identify areas of concern, develop action plans to address any related issues
- Carry out SHE and facilities self-audit and compliance checks, highlighting and addressing any failures or poor practice concerns
- Support site management and central safety teams with audit and compliance identified non-conformance completion and maintain evidence of action taken
- Attend and participate in quarterly national SHE Committee and process group meetings and team meetings, lead site level safety meetings and maintain relevant minutes and actions
Facilities Management Responsibilities
- Manage and document supplier entry and exit of site ensuring works undertaken are satisfactorily signed off including review of RAMS and completion of JRF's prior to commencement of works
- Undertake and document regular audits and spot checks to challenge day to day operations on ways of working to promote a safer working environment
- Expedite then escalate higher priority works to the facilities management team where required
We welcome applications for this Health and Safety Facilities Executive role from candidates with experience in the following areas: Health, Safety, Depot, Warehouse, Coordinator, Security, SHE, Environment, NEBOSH, RTITB, IOSH, Compliance, Audits, Reporting, MHE Instructor, Training, Health & Safety, Incidents, Document Control, Communication, Mentoring. Essential Skills
- NEBOSH Certificate
- 2-year minimum experience in a relevant field (operational, H&S and/or training background
- Act in a professional and courteous manner when dealing with both colleagues and external customers and suppliers
- Good communication skills, confident in dealing with colleagues and internal/external customers at all levels
- Work in accordance with all of the organisation's policies and procedures
- Good level of English (written, spoken, and reading)
- Good understanding and use of Microsoft Office suite
- RTITB Accredited MHE instructor
- IOSH / Level 3 Award in Health and Safety
Parcelhub-Whistl are a delivery management company providing efficient, high-quality, and competitively priced services across Business Mail, Parcels, Fulfilment and Doordrop Media both in the UK and internationally. Distributing more than 4 billion items annually, we are market leaders in Downstream Access Mail (DSA) services handling over 50% of bulk business mail in the UK.
Whistl is a Disability Confident employer and is committed to equal opportunities for all in all of our employment policies and practices.
Due to the nature of our business, this role may be subject to a basic DBS check.