Baylor Scott & White Health is seeking a full-time Hematologist for the Baylor Scott & White Medical Center in Temple, TX (approx. 1 hour north of Austin and 2 hours south of Dallas). Practice both benign and malignant hematology with the opportunity to develop/practice a focus of clinical and research expertise.
Open to recent fellowship graduates with an interest in hematology.
Join a team of 8 hematologists and oncologists at a dedicated cancer center housed in a multi-specialty medical complex of a 636-bed hospital with an academic affiliation with Texas A&M College of Medicine and ACGME accredited Hematology/Oncology Fellowship Program.
The ideal candidate will have:
- An interest and be involved with teaching hematology/oncology fellows, residents, and medical students and participate in Hematology Multidisciplinary Tumor Boards.
- Opportunities to serve as PI for clinical trials with full-time clinical research staff support
- Doctorate Degree in Medicine; Hematology Board Certified or Eligible
- Licensed to Practice Medicine in the state of Texas by the Texas Medical Board (at time of hire)
- Where Applicable - Employee shall be currently board certified in his or her speciality or demonstrate board of the American Board of Medical Specialties or the Bureau of Osteopathic Specialists
- Office hours are 8-5, M-F
- Other shared responsibilities with the group include coverage of inpatient consults and inpatient primary hematology/oncology service
- The candidate will be working in a world-class Cancer Treatment Center with resources of an on-site lab, pharmacy and infusion center, blood bank, and transfusion medicine department
- Referral base from primary care network and inpatient teams
- EPIC and BEACON EMR
- Other support includes dedicated nurse coordinators and hematology nurse navigators, social workers, and medication specialists
- Active autologous stem cell transplant program
Our competitive benefits package includes:
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits and time off
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar employer match up to 5%
- 457(f) savings plan with employer contribution
- CME reimbursement and paid time off
- Excellent Relocation Assistance packages
About the Community
Temple is regarded as one of the best areas to live and work in Texas and was ranked the sixth most affordable place to live in the U.S. in 2019. In addition to no state taxes, Temple enjoys a robust economy, and a cost of living that's lower than the national average. Served by four independent school districts and nationally recognized Temple College, the community places a high priority on education. Dubbed the Wildflower Capital of Texas, Temple lies along the famous Texas Wildflower Trail and is the demographic center of the state, with convenient access to major cities including Dallas, Houston, Austin, and San Antonio.
Reference: HEM 10633