Our client is looking for a capable Immediately Available Finance Manager. As the lead finance professional for the organisation, the post holder will report to the Operations Director and will line-manage the Finance Officer. They will be expected to work closely with the Senior Leadership Team and the Board of Trustees. The key areas of the post are budgeting, management accounting, cashflow management, financial analysis and statutory reporting.
Our client is a prominent name in the arts industry, due to staff illness they are looking for an Immediately Available Finance Manager to join their Cardiff based Finance team on a fixed term basis.
The key responsibilities of the Immediately Available Finance Manager include but are not limited to:
- Prepare management accounts on a monthly basis, consulting with Chief Executive and management team on issues arising
- Lead budget creation process with Chief Executive, monitoring budget against performance and re-forecasting
- Lead on cash flow management, preparing cash flow forecasts
- Monitor corporate reporting to ensure the timely compliance with all necessary financial requirements of stakeholders and governing bodies.
- To work with the Chief Executive to maintain a Financial Risk Management policy for the organisation
- Input to funding applications and management of statutory and charitable grants, overseeing and reporting on restricted funds
- Lead on the annual tax relief claim, ensuring the Company is maximising its claims, and that claims are submitted as soon as possible after year-end
- Oversee preparation and submission of Gift Aid claims
- To be responsible for Audit. To ensure that appropriate financial policies and controls are in place using criteria to support financial decision-making, ensuring compliance with appropriate regulations and good practice. To liaise with the external auditors, currently responsible for preparing the Statutory Accounts, regarding the audit process and the production of the statutory accounts
- Reviewing VAT return before submission
- Ensure that legislation, best practice, timely reporting and systems controls are affected to optimise financial control and analysis
- Managing and calculating yearly depreciation costs.
The successful candidate for the Finance Manager role will have:
- Experience of successful and creative financial management in a senior role in the commercial or not-for-profit sector
- Knowledge of Accounting Packages
- Knowledge of accounting standards
- Significant experience in financial accounting and VAT
- Experience of producing management accounts and final accounts, and managing an audit
- Proven ability to lead, manage, support and motivate staff
- Able to direct the work of a key department and to act on own initiative
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and interpretation skills, evidenced by experience of analysing and interpreting complex data for presentation to trustees and management
- Excellent relationship building, influencing and networking skills within the organisation as a whole and with other stakeholders
- Experience of making Theatre Tax Relief Claims and Gift Aid Claims
- Payroll experience
- Familiarity with Sage Accounting Package
- Knowledge of charities SORP's
- Experience of operational support and development of IT systems
- Ability to communicate in the Welsh language, both spoken and written.
The successful candidate to the role of Immediately Available Finance Manager will be offered a competitive salary, immediate start and flexible home-working options.