Interim Management Accountant (Urgent!) - Bodmin / Remote - £32,000 FTE
Please note that whilst this assignment can be operated on a predominantly remote basis, applicants must reside with a reasonable ad-hoc commuting distance of Bodmin
Trial Balance Consulting have been exclusively engaged by our long standing client, a recognised and respected charity serving the interests of Devon & Cornwall. The organisation currently seeks to recruit a Management Accountant to join them on a 6 month fixed term contract. The assignment is offered as a full time contract and can be operated on either a remote basis, or site based in East Cornwall to suit the successful candidate.
Supporting the charity's CFO and as working as part of a small finance function, the Management Accountant will be an integral member of the team during a particularly busy period for the organisation. Key responsibilities to include:
- Assume lead responsibility for the preparation of timely monthly management accounts with commentary (in line with budget and forecasting processes)
- Provide advice to budget holders relating to the preparation of annual budgets, ongoing forecasts
- Preparation and submission of quarterly VAT returns
- Work closely with the CFO to assist in the production of year end accounts and preparation for external audit
- Implement system and process streamlining initiatives and improve the quality of management information
For this role we seek a candidate with at least 1-2 years of recently gained experience preparing management accounts, and with a good understanding of budget and forecasting controls, VAT and ideally year-end processes. Previous experience gained within a charity would be highly advantageous though not essential. Candidate's may be part/fully professionally qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA), AAT, or consider themselves to be qualified by vocational experience.
The assignment is available for immediate commencement!
For further details and to apply, please contact Jay Vilarrubi-Smith as soon as possible quoting reference JVS8692.