Junior Financial Analyst (1726)at SMX(View all jobs) ()
SMX is seeking a Junior Financial Analyst to support service delivery and complete work activities with direct supervision. This position is 100% remote, but ideally near an SMX office. This role will assist in the planning, tracking, and reporting of performance on well-defined and specific tasks under a contract. Will interact with the Contract Program Manager, Project Manager(s), and take direction from either a Mid or Sr Financial Analyst (this alignment depends on what they are specifically supporting TDL/project level or Contract Level). May interact with other internal functional organizations such as Contracts, Subcontracts, Corporate Finance, and Procurement. Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
- Assist with updating project spend plans.
- Assist with updating proposed project plans with labor and non-labor cost (Travel, Material, ODCs).
- Run cost and manpower reports on a weekly basis ensuring checking charges are to the correct job number and updating associated spend plans with new detail concerning the latest cost information. Help identify inaccurate charges and prepare cost transfers (adjustment voucher/general ledger update) as required.
- Draft and route for approvals all contract/subcontractor RIP(s)/TAR(s) forms. Update trackers/share point site to help monitor status of RIP(s)/TAR(s). Verify funds are available to cover RIP/TAR.
- Assist with reconciliations of Travel, Material purchases against approved RIP/TAR and against Joint Travel Regulations (JTR).
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and SharePoint.
- Possession of excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Clearable, if required based on contractual requirement.
Our tradition of delivering innovative, technical solutions dates back to 1995, however, you may know us better by one of our legacy company names: Trident Technologies, Smartronix, Datastrong or C2S Consulting Group. With the support of OceanSound Partners, our private equity investment sponsor, we began operating as one business starting in 2019 and became SMX in 2021. We operate in close proximity to our clients around the globe and have core locations in Alabama, California, DC Metro, Florida, Hawaii, Maryland, and Massachusetts.
Today, as SMX, we are one team and together empower government and commercial enterprises to become more effective, innovative, and resilient, no matter what challenges they face.
SMX is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability status, protected veteran status, race, color, age, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or genetic information. Selected applicant will be subject to a background investigation. SMX is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Vaccination within 60-days of hire, or an approved accommodation, is a requirement of the position per Executive Order 14042 (unless precluded by State law). If a candidate is not vaccinated, they may request an accommodation once offered the position, and the accommodation must be granted prior to the employee starting in the position. Candidate will have 60 days to get vaccinated.