About our client
The Global Institute of Logistics has named our client as the world's Best in Class Global Aerospace Logistics Company. As the benchmark independent freight forwarder in the global aerospace logistics space, our vision is to be the most respected, valued, passionate and entrusted leader in global aerospace logistics. We aim to provide our employees with a rewarding, safe and empowered environment that fosters high standards. Working here you will have the opportunity to grow your career supported by an award-winning team and industry leading systems and processes. We are fully committed to rewarding dedication and success and supporting staff to achieve their full potential.
An exciting new role is available for a Key Account Supervisor (AOG). You will be responsible for the day to day operations of all assigned Key accounts to maximise performance, revenue and profit potential of all shipping opportunities in balance with excellent customer service.
Main Role Accountabilities
- Ensure that we are working in compliance with AEO regulations and procedures covering Customs simplifications/security and safety company requirements in regard to the swift and accurate completion of shipments working within the parameters of the AEO operating procedures and UK customs law.
- Train all operators that might work on your Key Accounts against up to date standards.
- Monitor profitability of the accounts and explore avenues to increase margins through additional sales of Value Added Solutions or high light potential changes to operational practices to improve efficiency.
- Ensure Correct costs are entered on the company system.
- Using company systems to measuring operational performance thus identifying any changes needed to be implemented to provide positive improvements to working practices.
- Proactively manage the Account Operations performance through agreed KPIs.
Account Operations Monitoring
- Monitor all account activities, and act as the key contact for the customer.
- Take action and report to the Export Operations Manager as necessary, work with all the other involved departments and Overseas offices ensuring that communication is at its best and that us and the customer have visibility of all their Supply chain while we are in total control.
- Make sure all customer queries are attended to in a timely matter and processed to the highest standard.
- Make sure all jobs have been processed and completed from start to finish in a timely manner according to their priority.
Account Operations Development
Ensure that all processes, SOPs and staff levels are reviewed with the support of the Export Operations Manager to develop the Key Accounts in order to meet customer expectations and support the growth of the business.
- Arrange shipments as per customer instructions following customer SOP and liaise with Overseas offices and relevant other departments to meet required deadline and KPI set by customer.
- Respond to Customer requests within a timely fashion.
- Ensure all shipments are placed within the Company system.
Key skills & Attributes
- Work pro-actively using own initiative.
- Proven communication skills both written and verbal.
- Previous experience dealing with varied customer base and building strong relationships.
- Ability to consider several possible options and decide on most appropriate method.
- Possess appropriate IT skills.
- Excellent process and planning skills.
Qualifications & Experience
- Industry experience preferably within Air Exports
- Solid background in UK Customs law and procedures
- Sound knowledge of Word, PP, Excel. Project management software an advantage
- Dangerous Goods Compliant