Mass General Brigham is a complex and dynamic, world-class health care system that is in a period of transformative change to build the integrated academic healthcare system of the future with patients at its center: transforming care, making care more affordable, delivering better outcomes for more people and expanding our impact regionally, nationally and globally.
Mass General Brigham's Office of General Counsel seeks to hire an attorney with five to seven years of employment law experience to handle employment, labor and medical staff matters.
This person will have responsibility for advising and supporting clients on a broad range of employment issues, including hiring, discipline, MCAD/EEOC cases, policy development, employment agreements and separation agreements. This position also will have significant responsibility for labor relations matters, including negotiating collective bargaining agreements, advising clients through the grievance/arbitration process, and representing clients in unfair labor practice proceedings. This is an exciting and highly engaging position in a mission-driven organization.
The OGC, comprised of 30 attorneys, is a collaborative, full-service law department providing legal services to Mass General Brigham and its affiliates, including Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital. The Labor and Employment team is highly collaborative, collegial, and dedicated to providing the strategic legal advice and guidance necessary to fulfill the system's four-part clinical, research, academic and community mission. We offer a flexible work environment that includes the opportunity to work remotely on a part-time basis.
• J.D., licensed in Massachusetts, with five to seven years of relevant experience in a law firm or in-house legal department representing large organizations.
• Strong academic credentials and excellent drafting, communication, and analytical skills with a practical, creative approach to problem solving
• Professionalism, integrity, and ability to maintain confidences while working with sensitive, confidential information
• Positive, energetic attitude with demonstrated commitment to operating in a strong team environment and working collaboratively and collegially on cross functional teams with multiple client relationships across multiple entities and departments in a multi-cultural environment
• Self-motivated and highly productive with ability to work independently with strong organizational skills as well as demonstrated project and time management skills
• Demonstrated commitment to principles of equity
Mass General Brigham is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law. We will ensure that all individuals with a disability are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.