Prairie State Bank & Trust, a locally owned $800 million bank with 20 offices in Central Illinois has an immediate opening for a Loan Operations Specialist, in Springfield, Illinois. We are a well-established and high performing "5 Star" community bank (rated by Bauer Financial). We want talented and hardworking individuals who are looking to build their career with a growing company. We are seeking candidates who are motivated to learn, have great communication skills and a passion for working on a team.
As we look to aggressively grow our loan portfolio it will take a huge team effort. Loan Operations provides critical support to our lending staff by not only processing loan information but also by providing excellent service to our customers and to our internal employees. In this position you will be expected to accurately perform duties that are essential in maintain the loan database, prioritize
your work load to ensure all time sensitive tasks are performed accordingly, and work within the loan team to find efficiencies that will make our loan world as smooth as possible.
A Loan Operations Specialist is tasked with the administration and servicing of the bank's loan portfolio. A member of Loan Operations will:
- Upload/Book loans to the bank's system
- Perform maintenance to loans within the system
- Administer all borrowers' escrow accounts
- Ensure proper hazard and flood insurance is in place on collateral
- Balancing of loan related general ledger accounts to ensure proper accounting of all loan records
- Ensure compliance with FNMA servicing requirements
- Manage FNMA filing system
- Process customer payments
- Ensure all HMDA reportable transactions are reported to the proper government agency
- FNMA delinquency management
- Check back-of-loan data to ensure accuracy
- Handle credit bureau exceptions
- Provide various monthly reports to management
- Prepare and file mortgage releases for paid off loans
A Loan Operations Specialist must have the following skills/attributes:
All candidates will be required to undergo a pre-employment credit check, background check, and drug screen.
- Ability to multi-task
- Team player
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Quick learner
- Highly organized
- Ability to think & evaluate situations critically
- Some level of accounting background is helpful
- Experience with Loans is preferred, but not required
Prairie State Bank & Trust is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.