OverviewThe Registered Nurse provides nursing care to individuals and groups which require specialized knowledge, judgment, and skill derived from the principles of biological, physical, behavioral, social, spiritual/cultural, and nursing sciences. The Registered Nurse functions within the full scope of nursing practice as noted by the Board of Nursing of their designated state for which they are practicing in addition to compliance with any of the hospitals accrediting bodies.
Who is the ideal Promedica employee? We're looking for people to join our team who are motivated by making an impact and doing meaningful work.
Additional success profiles:
Detail oriented, Flexible, Helpful, Patient, Responsible, Sincere, Understanding
Retirement & Savings Plan
Innovative Training Programs
Tuition AssistanceCareer Stability
Comprehensive Health Coverage
ProMedica Bay Park Hospital caters to communities east of the Maumee River. Our campus includes a state-of-the-art community hospital with 91 private beds and a professional office building dedicated to doctors' offices and outpatient rehabilitation, as well as a treatment and diagnostic center. The hospital itself was designed with patient comfort and healing in mind, with wider hallways, single-patient rooms and an abundance of natural light.
Position Reports to the Director of Surgery and has no direct reports.
Functions as a member of the surgical team performing assigned duties in the scrub role. Applies knowledge of concepts necessary for maintain integrity of the sterile field. Serves the following populations: infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric.
1. Demonstrates proficiency in proper scrub technique and the handling of instruments, supplies and equipment for the assigned cases following department policies and procedures and job description. Demonstrates age related competency in the scrub role for the following age populations: infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric. Scrubbing, gowning, and gloving themselves and others.
2. Utilizes preference lists, in-depth knowledge of anatomy and physiology, departmental policies and procedures and the patient's age related needs in preparing for and carrying out case responsibilities. Shares responsibilities with the registered nurse for keeping preference cards current.
3. Maintains integrity of the sterile field by utilizing aseptic techniques and observation of the surgical team. Promptly addresses any observed breaks in sterile technique. Sets up instruments for cases.
4. Collaborates with the circulating nurse to effect accurate sponge, instrument and sharp counts as per departmental guidelines. Cleans and restocks OR rooms and carts.
5. Checks daily schedule to maintain proper supply of instruments, set-ups, and supplies specific to patient's age and physician preferences. Assists other personnel with procedures.
6. Participates in the process of orientation of new employees and students to the scrub role. Acts as a role model and resource person for staff and students.
7. Serves as a liaison between co-workers and other departments demonstrating good guest relations with physicians, patients, and other staff. Functions as a cooperative and supportive member of the surgery department staff.
8. Maintains understanding of departmental goals and objectives and works with co- workers and management to obtain goals and objectives.
9. Performs other duties as directed.
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of practical nursing.
Skills: Ability to pass competencies of the position according to the job description, evaluation and department policies
Years of Experience: N/A
License: Current, valid Ohio Licensed Practical Nursing License
Years of Experience: 1 year preferred
Personal Protective Equipment: Must be able to tolerate frequent exposure to latex and latex products. Must be able to wear eye protection, surgical mask/N95, and gloves for extended periods of time.
Physical Demands: Must be able to frequently move, lift, or carry medium heavy to heavy weight objects and materials. Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace