Business Unit Description:
Michael Foods, Inc. is a leader in the food processing and distribution industry with business in egg products, refrigerated grocery and potato products. We offer exciting job possibilities throughout our organization where you can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact. Join our company and be part of an innovative team that's First in Food.
Wakefield is one of the largest production facilities within Michael Foods. We serve as a flex plant and are able to produce everything from a whole pasteurized egg to liquid, dried, hardboiled and curds.
Maintenance Tech position is responsible for completion of all PM Work, all mechanical repairs on plant equipment as well as minor electrical repairs as needed. This position has the responsibility to comply with Safety work rules at all times as well as an obligation to reinforce Safety as a Core Value. Ensures that all policies, procedures and activities, related to Food Safety & Quality, are followed and complied with uniformly, in an effort to reduce product and process variability.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works on all mechanical repairs on plant equipment.
- Works on minor electrical repairs as needed.
- Performs all PM work as needed on equipment.
- Ability to read blueprints and simple wiring schematics.
- Able to use hand and power tools correctly.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays on a rotating schedule and added hours when needed.
- Will work around power transmissions.
- Knows and understands the function and construction of a machine's foundation.
- Knows and understands the 3 types of coupling bushings; can install and remove one style.
- Able to list different types of v-belts, along with preventive maintenance steps for the v-belt drive systems.
- Describes and identifies the operation of a variable speed v-belt drive around the plant.
- Must be able to list the five basic components of a hydraulic system.
- Must be able to locate a hydraulic DCV on the plant floor and list its characteristics.
- Describes the hydraulic flow and the units that it is measured in.
- Describes the three types of positive displacement of hydraulic pumps.
- Must be able to draw a basic hydraulic schematic of a plant floor hydraulic circuit.
- Must be able to list the two categories of liquid pumps (not hydraulic).
- Must be able to list the three methods of the pump motor/shaft connections.
- Describes two units of pump flow rate measurement.
- Describes the characteristics of a system head curve.
- Must be able to locate a pneumatic valve on the plant floor and list its characteristics.
- Adheres to safe work practices, following GMP's, maintaining sanitary conditions and ensuring that product quality is maintained. Reports to management if any conditions or practices may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Assumes personal responsibility to insure safe and healthy workplace for everyone. Adhere to all safety policies and procedures and, incorporate safety and health in all jobs and tasks.
- Able to work weekends, holidays and overtime as needed.
- Insures regulatory compliance at all times.
- Able to perform other duties as assigned.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Able to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Capable of adding and subtracting two digit numbers and of multiplying and dividing with 10's and 100's.
- Able to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Able to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Must be able to work safely with chemicals.
- Must be able to obtain LOTO, Confined Space, Respiratory training.
- Demonstrates the ability to work effectively with others to complete work assignments.
- Open to change.
- Positive interpersonal relationships.
- Able to work independently and with others in a team environment.
- Self-motivated while also willing to ask questions and seek direction.
- Displays responsible behavior at work.
- Capable of safely lifting 75 lbs. on occasion.
- Ability to work in hot, cold, wet, noisy, dusty and humid environments.