Apply for this job now
Manager, IT Service Desk
- Houston, Texas
- Job Type
- 1 Sep 2022
Apply for this job now
The Friedkin Group is looking for an experienced and highly qualified Service Desk Manager to lead the Service Desk department across the enterprise. The role will require the capability & experience to deliver an excellent customer focused experience. This is a leadership role and must act as a role model for the team, entrusting confidence through superior character, equanimity and demonstrated technical acumen.
* Develop, manage and coach customer help desk specialists and application support analysts across multiple locations to deliver exceptional customer experience
* Monitor, report, and analyze team performance to drive improvement in KPIs
* Ex: Call Quality, Response Time, Accuracy, Resolution Time, etc.
* Identify training gaps and assist in building educational opportunities to correct gaps
* Manage expectations and coordinate training opportunities including timelines
* Respond directly to support issues and service requests
* Interface with other team members to insure resolution of incidents in a timely manner
* Ensure customer satisfaction by maintaining constant communication on open service items
* Develop and manage an on call rotation for support services
* Assist in identifying trends in support requests and incidents
* Analyze trends for automation opportunities
* Look for opportunities to modernize the service desk experience
* Develop, maintain, support operational processes
* Develop, manage and maintain vendor relationships
* Manage and work with carriers, service providers and vendors
* Support onsite and field based personnel
* Interview and recommend candidates for hire on an as-needed basis
* Ensure the timely response to all service desk support calls and system-generated alerts.
* Coordinate support team escalations and alert communications during major incidents.
* Develop and coordinate communications with other support teams including FAQ's or QRC's
* Determine personnel requirements, set employee schedules and ensure employees have the resources necessary to complete their jobs.
* Develop and maintain support documentation in a central knowledge base
* Other duties as assigned
Directly supervises one or more employees. Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
* Bachelor's degree with 5-8 years of IT Customer Service Management Experience with a Managed Services Provider; or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
* Strong Leadership Experience
* Excellent customer service skills with both written and verbal communication
* Willingness to be "Hands On" and "Do the Work"
* Exceptional Time Management skills
* Strong in all major Microsoft Office product (O365, Outlook, Word, Power Point, Excel)
* Strong familiarity with ITIL Service Desk processes
* Strong experience with automation of service desk processes
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimal travel is required for this position (up to 20% of the time and on a domestic basis).
*Legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
The Friedkin Group and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain drug-free workplaces by conducting pre-employment drug testing.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
- Job Reference: 701336864-2
- Date Posted: 1 September 2022
- Recruiter: The Friedkin Group
- Location: Houston, Texas
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Call Centre / Customer Service
- Job Type: Permanent