Plano 1 (31061), United States of America, Plano, Texas
Manager of Software Engineering, DevOps (Remote-Eligible)
Do you love building and pioneering in the technology space? Do you enjoy solving complex business problems in a fast-paced, collaborative, inclusive ,
and iterative delivery environment? At Capital One, you'll be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs. We are seeking DevOps Engineers
who are passionate about marrying data with emerging technologies to join our team. As a DevOps Engineer, you'll have the opportunity to be on the forefront of driving a major transformation within Capital One.
This role would support our greater Cloud Productivity Engineering line of business, which provides foundational infrastructure services and shapes the future of Capital One with support of strategic objectives - like becoming cloud native through cloud safety and smart cost management, or by looking into what we do well and how we can commercialize it. CPE also focuses on shaping the developer experience, staying well-managed with our products and portfolios, and creating access experiences that enable associates to deliver on Capital One's mission. What You'll Do:
Capital One is open to hiring a Remote Employee for this opportunity. Basic Qualifications:
- Lead a portfolio of diverse technology projects and a team of developers with deep experience in machine learning, distributed microservices, and full stack systems to create solutions that help meet regulatory needs for the company
- Share your passion for staying on top of tech trends, experimenting with and learning new technologies, participating in internal & external technology communities, mentoring other members of the engineering community, and from time to time, be asked to code or evaluate code
- Collaborate with digital product managers, and deliver robust cloud-based solutions that drive powerful experiences to help millions of Americans achieve financial empowerment
- Utilize programming languages like Java, Python, SQL, Ruby and Go, Container Orchestration services including Docker and Kubernetes, CM tools including Ansible and Terraform, and a variety of AWS tools and services
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 6 years of experience in DevOps Engineering (Internship experience does not apply)
- At least 3 years of experience in Cloud Native technologies (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
- At least 4 years of Unix or Linux system administration experience
- At least 2 years of people management experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- 7+ years of DevOps Engineering experience
- 4+ years of experience with coding and scripting (Python, SQL, Golang, Bash, Perl, Groovy, or Ruby)
- 4+ years of experience with containerization (Docker, Kubernetes)
- 4+ years of experience using build and deployment tools (Jenkins, Docker)
- 2+ years of experience working within Agile Development Practices
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections ; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1- or via email at . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).